looking to go to folly beach in august to MD, any advice ?

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI weasel606....I have been to Folly several times in the past couple of months. They have been resanding the beach there or whatever they call it...pulling sand from offshore and spraying it on the beach..Not much there right now. The best place to check would be near the county park...that seems to be where most of the folks are laying out right now. I am planning on going back down soon but I think I am going to give the Isle of Palms a shot. I talked to some folks down there and they seem to think the finds are better over there so I'm gonna give that a shot...Good luck and let me know what you find there..HH

OP
OP
weasel606

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thanks so much for the info SC, we are thinking of going down in august or september not sure yet , coming from west virginia so maybe i can hit a couple places in between also, once again thanks so much for the advice.

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I should be going to the Isle of Palms before you get down and will let you know how things are over there...It isn't that far from the Folly Beach area...HH and know you will have a fun time down around Charleston.

OP
OP
weasel606

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yes please let me know how you do , hope you find some good stuff ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread