found my first large cent......

LETSHUNTNOW

Jan 22, 2008
ILLINOIS
Detector(s) used
whites mxt,garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, Drove around all day sunday and then about 4 pm i found an old place that looked promising...I seen a gentleman outside with his dog so i stopped and talked to him.....He said he was 73 and born in the house i wanted to metal detect....He was not sure how old the house place was when his parents moved in....He wanted to see my metal detecter and talked about using one in the army but mine was alot different than the one he used.....I use an mxt and he seemed to really like it.....i only got to hunt for about an hour and a half....I dug my first large cent 1838 and i love it......solid 18 on my mxt from any direction.....I also found a 1905 v nickel and some kind of token.....I offered him any or all my finds but he declined but was glad to see them...This house place is huge and he gave me permission to come back this weekend and i can hardly wait...good luck digging....letshuntnow

Attachments

• HPIM5626.JPG
    HPIM5626.JPG
    146.9 KB · Views: 694
  • HPIM5625.JPG
    HPIM5625.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 679
  • HPIM5613.JPG
    HPIM5613.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 679
  • HPIM5615.JPG
    HPIM5615.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 678
Upvote 0

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow this is awesome , and to get to come back and hunt for more ! That is even better and I bet you find some great old stuff this weekend .

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
It is always a pleasant surprise to see the large coppers dug from out your way!

Congratulations!

artyfacts

Bronze Member
May 1, 2010
South Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MX7, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very exciting, congratulations... Arty

firefighter35

Aug 19, 2009
Lebanon, pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x Minelab Explorer II Modified Bounty Hunter Garrett Ace 250(10x14 excelerator coil)
Congrats!!! :hello2: Its always fun to pull LC's out of the ground. Just think if all these coins and artifacts could talk!!!

Bugsterx2

Jan 29, 2011
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug
Cool stuff! Getting to come back for more MDing is like passing "Go" and collecting $200! Sweeet! :headbang:

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a fantastic IL find. Can't wait to see what else you dig up. :thumbsup:

DiggerDave in Pa.

Jan 12, 2011
Huntingdon County Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
Arkennon said:
Beautiful LC! I have only found one in my area and it was too toasted to get a date. Congrats and HH!
It's always nice when property owners don't want anything you find but are always glad to see what you find. I know a couple owners like that. There should be some old silver lying around. Good Luck! DK

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your 1st LC :thumbsup:

Looks like you have a good spot to check out this weekend.

texjim

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2009
schuylkill county pa.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good job... i bet you can't sleep at night waiting for the weekend. i know i couldn't if i was in your shoes.

kilmer

Mar 30, 2005
Central Indiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3 , F75 LTD, CZ70 pro, Teknetics G2, Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: found my first large cent...... Congrats, took me about 30 years!

Way to go on the large cent. I was always amazed that I couldn't find one in Indiana. I hunted for thirty years or more and finally found one about two years ago. It was an 1851 with a hole drilled right through the middle. I was still pleased to find it. Since then I have been hunting a lot more farm fields and last year I found four of them. My oldest, an 1836. I know there are a lot more valuable coins around, but I still love the look and feel of the large cents. Your new spot looks great. Keep us posted on your return trip.

Don
HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread