My first silver....

hellfirebluefish

Mar 10, 2006
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
I decided to do a little fishing today. I went to the local pond which is still partially frozen. The fish were not biting, so i figured i would give a couple places a shot with the detector. I found several fishing weights and some rusty hooks. Lots and lots of trash too. I was searching an area by an old picnic table, and the F2 said dime. 2 inches down I found my very first silver. Im trying to get a good pic of the date for you guys. Its a 1957 Roosevelt dime. Needless to say i was done fishing for the day after that find. I know its not much compared to what i see on here everyday, but I am so damn excited about it, I just might frame it. This was my third time out.

Attachments

• 160211-1751.jpg
    160211-1751.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 492
Upvote 0

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first! HH

OP
OP
H

hellfirebluefish

Mar 10, 2006
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Yeah I am addicted for sure. I have been fishing since I was 4 yrs old, it has been my favorite hobby all of my life. Nothing has ever come close to fishing, until now. But now, if the fish aren't biting, I will have the F2 near by.

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your still fishing , just for another type of pole and fish ! And you think you liked to fish well wait you will not be able to stop this as every time you find something you will want to see what else you can find and it goes around and around . :)

Good find also.

freddy williams

Oct 9, 2010
Alabama/ Ohio
Detector(s) used
GTI-2500, Whites V3, xplorer XS Cortes & XLT Cibola Tesoro Tiger shark Now using a Xterra 705, Ace 350...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds want till you get the fever really bad then it moves to gold and metal detecting and back to gold HH may all your dug holes contain gold or silver :icon_thumright:

planejet42

Jan 5, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first silver!!! I just got an F2 for the holidays and I am working on getting my first silver!

Coin Stalker

Jan 12, 2011
Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Ace 400, Garrett AT Max, Tesoro Compadre
Good going on the silver it sure is exciting :headbang:, I had recently found my first silver. :icon_sunny:

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't even take a rod when I go fishing anymore. To me there is no comparrison, when you go fishing you will likely catch fish, go MDing, and you never know what might turn up.

You need to use macro mode for good close ups. almost all digital cameras do have a macro mode.

swish

Feb 28, 2008
ohio
Detector(s) used
whites m6 and mxt pro
nice first silver. now you know how the fish feel. hooked for good

OP
OP
H

hellfirebluefish

Mar 10, 2006
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
We are in the process of moving so we got boxes everywhere. Unfortunately, the digital camera is in a box, i had to use my phone for the 3 posts i have done. Also, i do have one of those USB microscopes, its in a box too, but hopefully when we get all settled in ill give it a try for some supre close ups for you guys.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome Man!!! I remember my first silver...You couldnt pry that thing out of my hand for a week!!..there were times i acutally fell asleep with it in my hand....Theres more to come :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread