Found my first star note, and its a low serial!

Jack_MIghtyheart

Aug 5, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Found my first star note, and it's a low serial!

I found my first star note, and I wasn't even looking! I got it back in change from Wawa (a convenience store) and didn't notice it was special until later that night. It's not in great condition, and probably only worth a dollar, but I'm gonna hold onto it. It's a series 1995 one dollar note, serial number B 00009967 *. It's also the lowest serial number I've found so far, so it's kind of like a double-winner.

HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Found my first star note, and it's a low serial!

:thumbsup:

.:WoRmKiLleR:.

Mar 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 5ID

Nice eye, a four zero star is a great find in my book :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

WK

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT

That's actually a really nice find. The first run of 1995 B-* notes is special because of two reasons. First, it is from a run of only 320,000 notes, which is a low run, and folks collecting notes by run have a hard time finding this one. Secondly, there is a good chance that the first run of 1995 B-* notes were actually double-printed due to a mixup at the BEP. Definitely worth more than a dollar.

OP
OP
Jack_MIghtyheart

Jack_MIghtyheart

Aug 5, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other

DrDetector said:
That's actually a really nice find. The first run of 1995 B-* notes is special because of two reasons. First, it is from a run of only 320,000 notes, which is a low run, and folks collecting notes by run have a hard time finding this one. Secondly, there is a good chance that the first run of 1995 B-* notes were actually double-printed due to a mixup at the BEP. Definitely worth more than a dollar.

Really, even in its poor condition? Right now I've got it inside a heavy book trying to flatten and smooth it out, but it looks like it's been through quite a few hands.

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT

Jack_Mightyheart said:
DrDetector said:

Really, even in its poor condition? Right now I've got it inside a heavy book trying to flatten and smooth it out, but it looks like it's been through quite a few hands.

Well, even so you could probably get $10 or so for that one. I just had one from the same run but it was like B00315xxx* or something like that and sold it pretty cheap for $5. It wasn't in great shape either.

.:WoRmKiLleR:.

Mar 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 5ID

DrDetector said:
Jack_Mightyheart said:
DrDetector said:

Well, even so you could probably get $10 or so for that one. I just had one from the same run but it was like B00315xxx* or something like that and sold it pretty cheap for $5. It wasn't in great shape either.

Thank you Dr. D if i ever have a question i know right where to go......lol :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread