Found my usual today

Twin Digger

Feb 13, 2009
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
at least you got out. we are expecting 8" of snow in the next 2 days. :'(

Minnesota nice..

Happy Hunting.. Check out my find's on my first video[youtube=425,350]LTIVUo0cLvk[/youtube]

Twin Digger

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, :D

What kind of sites are you searching, what signals are you digging, what kind of machine do you use? ??? Try changing the way you hunt, don't go to places everyone and their grandmother has been with a metal detector. Go to older home sites, schools/school houses, ballfields ext. Dig all signals foil, broken signals or pulltabs. :icon_study: It was that way with me for about the same amount of time. I was using a Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II only found older copper with it for years. :icon_scratch: Got an MXT and I was digging silver and gold in no time. If you find it once it starts to come easier. We will help you get some silver and gold no worries. I hope this helps you some if anyone else wants to give some real advise please do.

Keep @ It and HH!!

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
lakillian,
ditto on parts of what MUD(S.W.A.T) said.

Two years is a long time; hunting with anyone;
any clubs in your area; I feel for you.

Keep at it, it will come.

have a ogod un...........
SHERMANVILLE

Frodov

Bronze Member
May 24, 2007
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism IV / Bullseye II pinpointer
lakillian said:
Got out for a little bit today and found 1.28 and lots of pull tabs. My typical finds.

I know I know, at least I got out. But after almost 2 years and pretty much only finding clad sigh! LOL

Happy Hunting all!

Nothing wrong with finding clad. <smile> I rather enjoy it myself. Hell, if nothing else, it's a cool way to pay for batteries, gas, the occasional soft drink or snack while out enjoying this hobby. Right? As for the *gasp* dreaded <shudder> "Pull tabs"... <grumble> Well, I too find quite a few of them. EVERYWHERE!!!! I don't think it's possible to go metal detecting without finding at least one..dozen or so pull tabs. I think it's an unwritten law or something. *sigh*
Two years detecting huh? About the same here, I see we even have similar detectors, you with the Prizm V and I with the Prizm IV. Nice little machines I think, I know I like mine.
And look at that.. another West "by god" Virginian! <laughing> My very own darling wife Val (Valerie) was born and raised in WV. Huntington area for the most part.
Oh well, good for you for getting out and getting in some detecting. I wish work and weather were more cooperative for my own pursuits.. ah, but it's still early in the year. I'll get some detecting time in soon. Good finds, hope you get lots more and as always..

Happy Hunting!

Frodov

R

rig runner09

at least you got I'm still waiting for the ground to thaw out happy hunting

ibbasser123

Feb 9, 2005
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
1500 Garrett
Hang in there! I'm hunting with my buddy who has just started metal detecting, and he gets frustrated but I keep telling him when you dig that FIRST SILVER COIN I want to be there because it"s a time to remember, and it will happen to you also. DIG IT UP!!!!!

Indyfan73

Nov 5, 2008
INDIANAPOLIS
Detector(s) used
white's to many to list
getting out is getting out no matter what you find. when i was in this slump i just strat driving around old areas of town to look for old parks and usualy find a new one to hunt.

OP
OP
lakillian

lakillian

Dec 29, 2006
Winfield, WV
Detector(s) used
Exp II, Prism V, Ace 250
Thank you all for your words of encouragement, they do help! I had fun yesterday because I was pulling up more than just junk but I would love to pull up some silver and some gold. Even some old War relics.

MUD(S.W.A.T) said:
Hey, :D

What kind of sites are you searching, what signals are you digging, what kind of machine do you use? ??? Try changing the way you hunt, don't go to places everyone and their grandmother has been with a metal detector. Go to older home sites, schools/school houses, ballfields ext. Dig all signals foil, broken signals or pulltabs. :icon_study: It was that way with me for about the same amount of time. I was using a Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II only found older copper with it for years. :icon_scratch: Got an MXT and I was digging silver and gold in no time. If you find it once it starts to come easier. We will help you get some silver and gold no worries. I hope this helps you some if anyone else wants to give some real advise please do.

Keep @ It and HH!!

I have been searching school yards, parks and my yards. Now that I live in West Virgina, there are a lot of places I have seen I would love to detect but I have no idea how to find out who owns the property so I can get permission. I have been talking to GatorsMoon who detects here in Mason county but we haven't been able to get out together yet. There are no clubs here that I know of but to be honest I don't think clubs are worth much anyway. I joined one in Florida and they all knew the troubles I was having with detecting and not one person offered to help me. So I stopped going to the meetings.

I have never asked anyone I didn't know if I could hunt their property. I really don't feel comfortable asking I don't know why because I am such a people person. I live in a great place for 1870+ houses but just can't bring myself to ask LOL. SIGH!

But I really would like to find more than just clad and trash!!!!!!!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ploughed fields :thumbsup:

Frodov

Bronze Member
May 24, 2007
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism IV / Bullseye II pinpointer
CRUSADER said:
Ploughed fields :thumbsup:

Good suggestion Crusader.. but there's still the need for permission. <grin> Way back in the wilds of Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.. some people still shoot first and ask questions later. Don't know about you, but I'd just as soon NOT get a backside full of rock salt.. or worse. <shuddering> Did someone just hear the theme music from Deliverance? The Movie?.. Duelling Banjos.. YIKES!

<laughing> Yeah, ploughed fields are a great place to detect.. and if permission can be obtained.. GO FOR IT GIRL!

Happy Hunting!

Frodov

Happy Harry

Feb 15, 2008
San Mateo County California
Detector(s) used
ACE250,Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't been out for several days. Studying. You list an ACE250. It's agreat coin machine. Takes time too trust what you are hearing. Are you using head phones? If not you should have them. The tones are completely different and much clearer. What coil are you using? That also makes a difference. About asking. The worst thing that a person can say is NO! I found my best coin at a home that was built in 1916 and was slated to be torn down, which it has since been demolished. We all encourage you to keep with it. Remember this is a hobby not a get rich adventure.

HHHH

nova

Jan 10, 2009
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT //Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All that clad adds up, nothing wrong with little clad coinage + you had fun. I added all my clad up
for the year $150.00 Not bad. Of course it all went on bills.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions