🥇 BANNER Found my wifes birthday present

jmoe

Nov 19, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I got very lucky yesterday morning. Found the plat band with small diamonds first and knew I better look a little harder for the second piece and about six feet away I got the other one which is also platinum with approx 2ct solitare diamond. All stones tested real and will have appraised this weekend. Just so happens today was my wifes birthday so you know where the rings are!

Attachments

• MVC-258S.jpg
    MVC-258S.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 2,001
Upvote 9

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
That is truely the find of a lifetime! Congrats! So now you have do ask yourself, do I retire from detecting at the top of my game, or is there something better on the beach to look for...LOL! WOW!

flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would be a heart stopper for sure, awesome find Congrats...

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
A band like that was dropped from some one with a large wallet. Is it engraved or initialled? There is probably an add somewhere about it. Maybe before you give it to the old lady you could do the right thing and post a few adds in local papers and see if anyone replys with a pic or good description of it.

You would probably get a reward worth way more then the ring. I am just saying. Thast a 20k set...maybe more. A person who drops that much money on a ring would more then likely approach you with a large reward.

HH. -Joe

IMO...this is one of the finds...I would not post either. Good luck if the owner finds this thread. ... Getting bannar is not worth it.

I got very lucky yesterday morning. Found the plat band with small diamonds first and knew I better look a little harder for the second piece and about six feet away I got the other one which is also platinum with approx 2ct solitare diamond. All stones tested real and will have appraised this weekend. Just so happens today was my wifes birthday so you know where the rings are!

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jmoe

Nov 19, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
I've checked all local lost and found, no name engraved, if they are looking for it I will help find it for free. Other than that I can't spend my money on ads,can you imagine the phone calls that would bring. No thanks ,when they give up their hunt and leave it just became fair game. IMHO

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a dream of a find on every M.D. wish list and you found one of two, the other a gold coin! Congradulations on one of those dream finds! Yeah, some will disagree

SNF101480

Mar 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
Excal II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is an amazing find! I'm happy for you and your wife! WOW!

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
I hear ya, theres just nothing you can do that sweet babys yours...I mean your wifes!!! HH an GL. -Joe

I've checked all local lost and found, no name engraved, if they are looking for it I will help find it for free. Other than that I can't spend my money on ads,can you imagine the phone calls that would bring. No thanks ,when they give up their hunt and leave it just became fair game. IMHO

jesse09

Banned
Jun 25, 2012
Cancun, Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's PI Dual Field
Primary Interest:
A band like that was dropped from some one with a large wallet. Is it engraved or initialled? There is probably an add somewhere about it. Maybe before you give it to the old lady you could do the right thing and post a few adds in local papers and see if anyone replys with a pic or good description of it.

You would probably get a reward worth way more then the ring. I am just saying. Thast a 20k set...maybe more. A person who drops that much money on a ring would more then likely approach you with a large reward.

HH. -Joe

IMO...this is one of the finds...I would not post either. Good luck if the owner finds this thread. ... Getting bannar is not worth it.

Do the right thing? Who are you to judge what is right and wrong. He found it and it's his, he can do as he pleases regardless if the person lost it 5 hours ago or 5 years ago. Don't like how you worded that at all, how about good job man feel free to do whatever you want with your finds. Posting an add on a ring like that would mean a billion calls from liars, if the person has so much money too like you claim i'm sure they can just buy a new one right?

P.S. It's ''banner''

PA John

Nov 24, 2008
York, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xcalibur 2, Teknetics T2 (Coils: Stock, CORS 4x6,, 4” “biscuit”, Whites Dual Field Surf PI, Garrett AT Pro (Stock & 5x8 Coils), ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Wow! That's all I can say is Wow!

That's what happened to my rings I find, she thinks everyday is her birthday when I find something nice!

Congratulations!

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Speechless. Want one, bad! Great find. HH

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow.... your wife is very happy :) someone's wife is very sad :(

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jmoe- many people "buy" diamond rings for their wives, but to find one, well...lets just say... YOUR IN. LEAGUE ALL YOUR OWN!!!!!
Well done awesome find!
I would be happy forever with that one!
I have always wanted an emerald cut surrounded by brilliant cut.WTG!
What are the chances! THAT WAS AN AWESOME FIND!!!!!!!!

Mi$terG

Jan 25, 2013
Eastern MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Amazing ring. They don't get much nicer than that. Hard to believe that there wouldn't be any identifiable markings (initials, dates, etc.) on the inside- would be great to give to one's wife, but it would be amazing to return that one to the person who lost it. Either way- congrats on an outstanding find!

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why is everyone so quick to return it. Hey op I wouldn't waste my time finding the owner if they didn't take the time to make a ad. Now if I found a ring engraved Beyonce or jay-z I'd drive to Brooklyn to return that. Because I'd most likely get a reward 2x the value. However that ring would of went to my fiancée or sold it and bought a new car.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread