Found on Dec. 31st 2011...

Michellets

Nov 12, 2006
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Ace 250 Big and Small coils, AT-Pro
Hey everyone, I really enjoy reading some of the stories people post here.... so here is my story .... I decided to go out to a spot where I had found some interesting bits of relics on Dec. 31st. This particular area has no foundations near it, but I had found a colonial shoe buckle, some musket balls, and an old sleigh bell, and other odd bits on my brief hunts before. I followed what might have been an old road to it and upon reaching the area found a few shotgun and 22 shells. I finally hit on an iffy signal that had an occasional ring to it. I decided to dig it. When I saw it there in the plug I was happy as could be! I always wanted a cob :icon_thumright:. It really made my year because I haven't had much time detecting, and when I have I've either struck out or only found a merc or two.... It was the last day of the year. It makes me believe there are still really cool things to find.... enjoy! HH M

Attachments

• IMG_1837.JPG
    IMG_1837.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_1836.JPG
    IMG_1836.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 305
Upvote 0

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
Great cob, still looking for mine :)
I'm sure you'll find many more great bits of history at your spot, keep up the good work and congrats,
-Ox

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread