Found possible cache in a rock

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
I saw this huge rock that I never paid attention to before, I live in the country on a farm type field with like 20 acres. I went up to it and it had a few bushes growing all around the rock in a circle (the bushes were cut down sometime in the last few years, but the stumps are still there) there isn't other bushes around. Only in a circle around this rock.

So my detector goes crazy and says there is a few coins down there. So I dig and dig, and I pull out an old rock that is almost a perfect circle, I am talking like a balloon shape. On both ends it looks drilled or something. But my detector did not beep with it.

So I dig more and more and am at about 10 inches deep and I pull out another rock and throw it to the side, and I check the hole and its gone... nothing around. So I thought i'd scan everything. When I put it over the rock I threw out it beeped crazy with coins signals.

It is a rectangle rock, long and kind of skinny, and it appears to have man-made cuts in it. It looks like it was sawed off and put back together with something. There is like 3 areas on it that looks man-made. I thought it might be an old handmade brick since alot of them are around here, but it doesn't really look like one, looks more like a rock.

I am going to use a camcorder and record me breaking it up incase it is some kind of crazy hidden cashe.

What do you all think it might be?

Upvote 0

gemee

Jul 31, 2004
California
I am absolutely clueless at the moment. Is there any chance that you can post a picture of it, BEFORE you break it open??

OP
OP
relichunters

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Ok here is some pictures of it. As you can see in picture 2 and 3, that whole end appears to have been cut off at some time. There is a cut completely around it. Do you think the inside of the rock was hollowed out in the middle?

Attachments

• cashe1.jpg
    cashe1.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 1,892
  • cashe2.jpg
    cashe2.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 1,877
  • cashe3.jpg
    cashe3.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 1,887

djabend

Dec 12, 2006
Cicero, NY
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 300 Sunray DX-1 probe/ XLT Sunray XL-1 probe
Someone went through the trouble of cutting it and putting it together. Sounds like a good shot at being something good.
But keep in mind coin signals can also be junk signals.
I will keep my fingers crossed for you.
HH,
Donny

Sky_Warrior

Apr 23, 2008
Auburn Hills MI
Detector(s) used
MY ACE 250 JUST GOT HERE 5/07/08, also used a fisher 1220-x
is it just me, or does it look like you can see some streaks of gold a silver in one of them pictures? maybe im just going crazy......maybe some ore idk

Semper Fi :sunny:

OP
OP
relichunters

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
marine, yes it appears something rubbed on it, the orange looks like Iron but there was no iron found in this hole. So it's odd.

OP
OP
relichunters

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
We're all on the edge of our seat!, I am letting the camcorder battery charge, it was dead, just need a quarter on it, so in about an hour it will be open. Check back soon!!

alpha105

May 19, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That camcorder almost ready?????????????????? Even if its crap in there i wanna know

alpha105

May 19, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Prehistoric Mailbox?

I know mailboxes usually have bushes around em around here

Sky_Warrior

Apr 23, 2008
Auburn Hills MI
Detector(s) used
MY ACE 250 JUST GOT HERE 5/07/08, also used a fisher 1220-x
LMAO, I doubt its a huge piece of rust, well usually you can feel the difference!

Semper Fi :sunny:

alpha105

May 19, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still going with a Mailbox......probably owned by a Raptor

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread