Found silver in Briggs and Stratton

gearnoggin

Feb 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I work at the Briggs and Stratton engine plant in Kentucky. Currently were on our yearly shutdown were we repair machines and clean. Yesterday me and another operator were cleaning out a roller pit. Not long after we get started I pop up and tell the other guy I found a penny. A few minutes later he pops up and says I got you beat, I found a dime. Being a coin collector I just had to ask what year it was. When he replied 1964 I'm pretty sure my eyes bugged out a little. He gave it to me after I offered to buy It from him. By the end of the day we found about $4 in change and a dollar bill. Sorry such a long story. I haven't posted in a while and thought I'd share this with everyone.

Attachments

• image-343257076.jpg
    image-343257076.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 176
  • image-1682127528.jpg
    image-1682127528.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 154
Upvote 11

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good save. I've always liked Briggs motors. Just had to order a new coil for the 12.5 Intek on my Snapper. Not getting any juice to the plug. Hopefully I'll have it going again by the weekend.

OP
OP
G

gearnoggin

Feb 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good save. I've always liked Briggs motors. Just had to order a new coil for the 12.5 Intek on my Snapper. Not getting any juice to the plug. Hopefully I'll have it going again by the weekend.
Sounds like that could be the problem. If the coil don't fix it, change the plug next. My push mower had a bad plug a couple weeks ago. First time that's ever happened to me. Btw did you know that Briggs owns the Snapper brand? They bought them about 10 or 15 years ago.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We like stories about finding money!
You found more in the pit than I did out detecting!

It's the old "Treasure's where you find it" thing. Nice!

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good score. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread