Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonite went door knocking with BadJim, first stop was this old house on a corner lot in town. I have been stopping here for 2+ yrs and NEVER caught anyone home. Well tonite the lady answered and gave us permission. I dug ONLY 7 clad coins and the rest was old. 19 wheats, 2 indians, 1904 and 1897, no date buffalo, 1954 silver dime, and best find was a 7" deep solid pulltab signal and out pops this nice men's 10K gold ring!!! I was pretty excited, 2nd gold ring this year. It PAYS to dig those pulltab signals! The yard was real clean I pictured EVERYTHING I dug on my half of the yard. Jim got wheats, and indian and a silver dime on his side.

IMG_1908.jpg DSC00909.JPG DSC00911.JPG IMG_2197.jpg DSC00916.JPG

Upvote 21

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is some great stuff G4e! Looks like a very fun hunt

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OMG That ring is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tin Foil

Jun 10, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
ATP, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Killer ring G4E! What's the IHC count this year? -Tin Foil

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY! Great haul! awesome finds!

redcobra8u

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome place you have there. Congratulations.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AWESOME finds Terry !! The door knocking sure does pay off for you, in a big way..LOVE that ring and WOW did it clean up nice! and 19 wheats..I bet your digging elbow is sore tonight..Thanks for sharing..great hunt, great pics..love the stump...ddf (S2h)...

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow awesome bunch of goodies! Found yourself a gold mine, with a ring in it!
Paid well to keep knocking on that door!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice finds. Congrats.

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds! I love the face of that ring. It's a beauty.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you all don't know already..Goes4ever is DA MAN when it comes to the door-knocking, hence-the awesome finds that he produces. If you can access his own personal site, he has a section devoted to door-knocking and gaining access/permission to hunt very good spots, to which I have personally used with good success (thanks Terry!)...Of course, if you hunt with a guy like Buckeyehunter Mike like I do..who looks like a shaved-down sasquatch..you might want to leave him in the car until you gain permission...Of course he is a great big teddy bear, but Mr/Mrs Homeowner don't know that, and if they were to peek out the front door and see a 6' 4" shaved down squatch who looks like he just escaped from a facility for the criminally insane..they probably won't even open the door...just sayin...so if you can, check out G4e's personal site, gain some knowledge and maybe you can roll home with 19 wheats from one yard !! thx ...ddf (S2h)

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you all don't know already..Goes4ever is DA MAN when it comes to the door-knocking, hence-the awesome finds that he produces. If you can access his own personal site, he has a section devoted to door-knocking and gaining access/permission to hunt very good spots, to which I have personally used with good success (thanks Terry!)...Of course, if you hunt with a guy like Buckeyehunter Mike like I do..who looks like a shaved-down sasquatch..you might want to leave him in the car until you gain permission...Of course he is a great big teddy bear, but Mr/Mrs Homeowner don't know that, and if they were to peek out the front door and see a 6' 4" shaved down squatch who looks like he just escaped from a facility for the criminally insane..they probably won't even open the door...just sayin...so if you can, check out G4e's personal site, gain some knowledge and maybe you can roll home with 19 wheats from one yard !! thx ...ddf (S2h)
So that's no psychotic bald Sasquatch? Check lol
That is such a funny post. Thanks for the tips for G4Es site. He certainly is doing something right.

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dang that ring is sweet. probably dates to the 40's

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds...the ring image looks inverted almost like it could be a wax seal ring

Happy hunting

NJ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread