Found some spanish galleon cannons and an anchor.

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite & Sovereign XS, Minelab Equinox 800 and Aquapulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First step is tell no one where it is. Next you must answer the following questions... where is it? Just kidding...

What leads you to believe that what you have found is Spanish in origin? Are there any visible markings on anything? Can you tell what type of cannon they are... Iron or Bronze? How big are they? How big is the anchor? Does it have a crossbar? What shape are the flukes? Answers to those questions may help you determine origin and time period if you have nothing else to work with. Also, are there any other materials that would indicate a shipwreck or could these items have been mere;y "discarded" from a ship for various reasons?

You need to decide what your intentions are in this situation... are you looking to follow the steps necessary to obtain an exploratory lease from the state or is this going to be a stealth mission. That will determine your next steps...

The best thing to do is to ask alot of questions before you take any action either way. There are alot of knowledgeable folks on this forum who are at the ready to provide advice and information. Best of luck to you... keep us posted on your progress... always love to hear a good treasure story!

Phips

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
PALM BEACH COUNTY,FLORIDA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Kengraph
If you want to do it the right way I would be interested in helping. If you are trying to do it undercover I can't help you and I would advise against it.
Seahunter

OP
OP
K

Kengraph

Well, I saw this today and didn't think anything of it. I just thought it was cool. When I got home I started to research what I saw. It is indeed a Spanish Galleon Anchor. The Cannons are long maybe 15" this is a visual measure. Long side of the cannons maybe 10" there were what I guess were cannon balls. This is a total guess. They were in a stacked pattern and totally incrusted. They looked like stacked rocks. I thought at first they may have been put there on purpose. However, it does not appear to be near a known wreck. So, here I am in search of info. Please help.

Thanks,

Kengraph

OP
OP
K

Kengraph

Seahunter, I think at this point I’m just trying to get information. I don’t know how to get a permit or if this wreck if it is a wreck. Nor do I know if it is already known. I found the wreck about 100 yards off shore. I’m not sure what you do but, your input would be greatly appreciated.

riobravo

Apr 2, 2006
south texas to the east coast
hi kengraph,
i am as eager to hear more about this as is everyone, im currently on the east coast and would be happy to consult with you via email or phone.
i do currently have all the locations of all active permit holders and would think that would be who you should contact initally, be careful not to give this location out as it could be valuble information.
if it is on a current site then you have some options to consider.

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Kengraph, I know it must be weird not knowing who to trust in trying to learn more about your find. I can say that Seahunter and riobravo's offer of help is genuine and trustworthy. They have always been helpful to others in giving guidance.

There are others who could help from this forum as well. To be honest, we get so many scams from people wanting "investors," that we are all a little skeptical when someone reports a new find. Please bear with us and our skepticism ;)

First, you need to find out who has the admiralty over your area. I'd be surprised if there was no one, but if not, then you'll want to try to first secure the admiralty yourself. If so, then you will have no choice but to work out a contract with that person/company and collaborate on a project. If someone does have admiralty, then they likely are familiar with the permitting process and can save you a lot of headache and time.

So you guys in Florida, who would Kengraph need to contact first to find out about admiralty?

Godspeed to you Kengraph,
Darren

riobravo

Apr 2, 2006
south texas to the east coast
Darren in NC said:
Kengraph, I know it must be weird not knowing who to trust in trying to learn more about your find. I can say that Seahunter and riobravo's offer of help is genuine and trustworthy. They have always been helpful to others in giving guidance.

There are others who could help from this forum as well. To be honest, we get so many scams from people wanting "investors," that we are all a little skeptical when someone reports a new find. Please bear with us and our skepticism ;)

First, you need to find out who has the admiralty over your area. I'd be surprised if there was no one, but if not, then you'll want to try to first secure the admiralty yourself. If so, then you will have no choice but to work out a contract with that person/company and collaborate on a project. If someone does have admiralty, then they likely are familiar with the permitting process and can save you a lot of headache and time.

So you guys in Florida, who would Kengraph need to contact first to find out about admiralty?

Godspeed to you Kengraph,
Darren

thanks for the kind words Darren,
i don't know that admiralty courts are the place to start when 100 yards from the beach, i still believe with the history of activity in Florida these have already been found and recorded, but heavily advise kengraph to verify location with known permitted sites, followed up by a cross reference of located items, all public knowledge from the state, with some good ole research it should take no longer that a few months to educate yourself and though gldhntr's links solely possible(by the way thanks gldhntr those popped right into a folder on my favorites, some are listed twice now but Ive never had time to organize my links)keep us posted kengraph.

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Good point, rio - My wording and confusion of terms could've steered him wrong. I should have used the term "permit holder" rather than "admiralty." Keep me straight, bro! Still learning...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread