Found Something

emtrescue

Dec 26, 2007
Church Hill, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
gorgias said:
I've heard that, especially when it comes to open mouths. But, once you are at monstrosity.jpg, it's very hard to miss the other pile of rocks.

That's what made me wonder actually. I thought it might have been too obvious. I've read others saying that a lot of times, the obvious is to throw you off the true trail and you should look for the subtle hints.

tertiaryjim

Aug 5, 2008
You could get as much zoom as your lense will allow and focus on the distant objects, then take pictures through the hoyas . Try different angles and get the full edges of the hoya in the view . This may point to other things to check out. As for that small rock and pointer on the left side of the hoya- could they indicate a trail ? Is there a line of small spaced stones leading left? Is there a boulder similar in shape to the smaller stone off to the left? The face that I pointed out might indicate that at the end of the trail or the final sign might be a rock similar to the right hand boulder. Could there be a ground hoya under the right hand boulder. Just running through some ides . Hope something helps. Jim

OP
OP
gorgias

gorgias

Mar 7, 2006
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Other
After chatting with a few Navajo hoodlums, I realized that there is a good chance that the spraypainted ICP actually stands for Insane Clown Posse.

As for the multiple viewing points, the way the site is set up, there are only so many things that can be pointed to, and they are obvious without the hoyas. That doesn't mean I discount anything anyone said. Thanks for the advice. But, I learned a trick, based on Hawkeye Pickett. . . Watch for triangles as hoyas (not necessarily rock windows). And, do it at night, as they stand out. (Could probably do the same with photoshop.)

Gorgias

emtrescue

Dec 26, 2007
Church Hill, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
"But, I learned a trick, based on Hawkeye Pickett. . . Watch for triangles as hoyas (not necessarily rock windows). And, do it at night, as they stand out. (Could probably do the same with photoshop.)"

Thanks for that. My education stems from here basically just because I think it's interesting. I was just throwing it out there as a question really because I'm not really able to get out and do much exploring and "fieldwork", and I'm not in a location where much of this exists (that I know of). Even though some of us don't post all the time, believe me when I say that the pictures alone are greatly appreciated, and explanations are priceless.

Good luck and maybe one day you will find your "filled hole" :thumbsup:

OP
OP
gorgias

gorgias

Mar 7, 2006
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Other
The triangles/v's are at the tops of hills/at the skyline. While I'm in no position to teach, another thing I've found is many times, these things are high up, but if you look closely there are 2 or more hills, with a front one covering a mounment yard.

Gorgias

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
tertiaryjim said:
You could get as much zoom as your lense will allow and focus on the distant objects, then take pictures through the hoyas . Try different angles and get the full edges of the hoya in the view . This may point to other things to check out. As for that small rock and pointer on the left side of the hoya- could they indicate a trail ? Is there a line of small spaced stones leading left? Is there a boulder similar in shape to the smaller stone off to the left? The face that I pointed out might indicate that at the end of the trail or the final sign might be a rock similar to the right hand boulder. Could there be a ground hoya under the right hand boulder. Just running through some ides . Hope something helps. Jim
ditto good thinking. :coffee2:

OP
OP
gorgias

gorgias

Mar 7, 2006
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Other
That face pointed to a bigger head and a hat, which in turn pointed to the vault (and maybe somewhere else).

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 1,173
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 1,173
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 1,194

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Gorgius..interesting area.

I wonder if there is a patch or stretch of flat ground to the right of this area. Maybe a long and narrow area or perhaps just a patch of flat land. Not sure of the size or how far. Because you have big marker and a possible smaller one,.

Orange is a possible face person or something else. Green a possible heart. Pink just some things that stand out. That pink arrowed marker low and in front sort of looks like the big one..don't you think? I might discount the big one as natural if all by itself but it is not.

It reminds me of how you will find a boulder...that looks a little "off" somehow or is at the start of a trail..look over it and the upper outline of the bolder will match the ridge in the distance. When it happens it is pretty dramatic and not a question as to whether it does or doesn't. Though I've only found two.

It looks like there might be a small eye catcher sitting atop it. That reddish little rock.

Regards

DM

bmkgorgiuspub.jpg

Member of Cloud Readers of America.

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
DM
Member of Cloud Readers of America.

love it MOCROA

sorry Gorgius didnt mean to take away from your post

VICTORIO

Jun 8, 2005
Detector(s) used
Pulse Star II & Whites TM808
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Olddog wrote " What the first picture shows is a fantastic ground hoyo or omega hoyo.
This when looked through will show you your omega site.
the signs will get smaller and more concealed but they will for the most part be localised.
all will be in a smaller contained area.

Don't get too excited yet, you may find an empty hole. "

Olddog sir, once you look throught the hoyo what do you look for and how far approx do you look.

Mr.Jody

Jul 6, 2008
florida and everywhere....
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5 Quicksilver
gorgias said:
At the same site, the sun hit another hoyo.

After a few twists and turns, it led me to a vault. Empty.

Old Dog warned me that my proximity to Santa Fe means a lot of the King's caches would be cleaned out. . .

Don't get too excited yet, you may find an empty hole.
What is blacked out in the pic??

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Mr.Jody said:
gorgias said:
At the same site, the sun hit another hoyo.

After a few twists and turns, it led me to a vault. Empty.

Old Dog warned me that my proximity to Santa Fe means a lot of the King's caches would be cleaned out. . .

Don't get too excited yet, you may find an empty hole.
What is blacked out in the pic??

I believe a member of Gogias' family who didn't want to be seen.

OP
OP
gorgias

gorgias

Mar 7, 2006
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Other
What is blacked out in this pic is a shoe. This site was trashed from years of homeless people. and partying kids and gays Strange thing I found, though, was these homeless sights have empty spray cans apound. Is it some kind of drug use. I've found many more of these vaults. In the small city I live, there are tons of Spanish campsites. Nevber seen anyting to make me specifically think of gold, though. . .

Gorgias

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems like I recall another of your posts about this. One where you asked if the piece could have fallen off. Here is what I found after using PSPX to zoom it, then mark it up. I also stated that since all the edges appear smooth and rounded, on both pieces, that I believed the breakage to be very old and not related to any traffic using that road. Just my $.02 USD worth.

PointerMod.jpg

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmmmmm,
I wonder if this pointer / marker is one of those that the Dr. John character claimed were "changed" back when those hundreds of KGC maps were stolen. :icon_scratch:

VICTORIO

Jun 8, 2005
Detector(s) used
Pulse Star II & Whites TM808
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gorgias Sir. I have one question. Approx how far away from the omega signs the last signs will these vaults be located. when you find the omega signs are the vaults close by and if so approx how close.Thanks.

OP
OP
gorgias

gorgias

Mar 7, 2006
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Other
Victorio,

Maybe 100 meters straight back, 100 meters to the right. The head in #26 is, like, a 45 deg angle from the omega marker. It's looking up at the vault on the hill. I still haven't detected that room. I'd hate to have the whole mountain fall down as a deathtrap. . .

I've seen many new amazing things, and I have several on my camera right now . . . With constant exposure, you learn to spot a lot of stuff. Once again, though it makes sense, I've never seen anything to tie to silver or gold. . .

Gorgias

OP
OP
gorgias

gorgias

Mar 7, 2006
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Other
This whole rock wall is tongue in groove--definitely not natural.

Gorgias

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread