Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My friend and have been searching a bottle dump behind an old blacksmith's shop for over a week now . We got done with the dump today and decided to check out what was left of the smithy's spot . The rotted roof was pretty much at ground level . We spent about an hour clearing it off . We immediately spotted a big old stump laying on it's side . a few minutes later ..... we found the anvil under lots off debrie . We went back home and got a hand saw and some rope . We cut down 2 three inch diameter saplings and lashed them to it and carried it to the truck - about 100 yards - We think it weighs approx 150-200 # . We also found a treadle operated sharpening stone , we're going back tomorrow to get it .
mojjax

Attachments

• Picture 002 (2).jpg
    Picture 002 (2).jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 566
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 556
Upvote 0

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Hey thats a cool find...I think Tinpan just lugged one of those home aslo not to long ago! And didnt someone find a bunch in a cave....Is this a trend? ;)

S

stefen

Looks like a nail head hole and cutter on the end. This alone lends to its age.

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AWSOME FIND AND CONGRATS. GYSPY SAID I FOUND ONE YES I DID BUT I DIDNOT LIKE THE IDEA OF LUGGING UP A HILL. HAPPY HUNTING

TINPAN

Attachments

• anv004.jpg
    anv004.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 424

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
You would think that something like that would be a hard item to loose. Guess it could have fallen off a tailgate or tractor. I sure would like to find on like that. I'd put it to use in my other hobbies...... Nice Find. HH

Ok, I didn't read far enough. It wasn't lost, just too heavy to carry off.... :D :D :D Still a nice find and the sharpening stone too....

bmanofnbc

Dec 20, 2004
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter SSII & Fisher F75
I think you should return it to the rightful owner....

Attachments

• 2wyle.jpg
    2wyle.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 226
A

Angela (Australia)

Sounds like you found a very interesting area for relics Mojjax! I like the anvil. Over here, you pay buy the kilo weight I think, so that'll be worth a bit. My hubby and I know of a mine which the entrance was blown up by a miner quite a few years ago. We've known about it for some time, and when we get a few spare days free, we're going to dig it out. Inside the mine is a two head stamper, and anvil, horse harnesses and tools. And it's not that far from here where we live. Can't wait.
HH Angela :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread