Good Day! Mercs, Liberty, Indian, and Mickey Mouse

hoosierfinds

Dec 14, 2005
Richmond Indiana
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Went to a farm house I located last Winter through the county atlas from the 1870s yesterday. The day after calling the owner for permission. It is currently a rental - often bad news for junk in the yard. It was built some time around 1850-1870. I'd say only three sides of the house had yard that was not disturbed by landscaping, remodeling, septic systems etc. The undisturbed area was really the only area I found keepers. The mercs are 1920 and 1923, no mint mark. They were both in the same hole as the 1911 nickel and about 3 1/2 inches down. The Indian was about 10 feet away and also 3 1/2 inches down and is 1872, and probably only graded as "good". Same depth with the lead soldier and the Mickey ring. Mickeys feet are bent downward and the band is either broken or is split for sizing. Don't know what era the ring might be from. Thanks for looking

Attachments

• June 15 Coins.jpg
    June 15 Coins.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 436
Upvote 0
OP
OP
hoosierfinds

hoosierfinds

Dec 14, 2005
Richmond Indiana
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
parrothead said:
Excellent! Those mercs look like they are in great condition. Can't tell from the pic. Are they?

The 1923 is nice. The 1920 has part of the 0 worn away by the rim. Also the diagonal bands on the staff on the backside are worn almost flat.

groundfisher

Mar 27, 2005
Merrill,Wi.
An 1872 Indian Cent is a freakin excellent find! WOW! At only 3 1/2 inches I can only imagine what that site holds at 4,5,6,.......inches. Congrats and best of luck to you there.

HH!

M

mchamby

Wow, it looks like you had and excellent day, get back out there and find somemore of that silver. HH
Mchamby

Rusted_Iron

Bronze Member
May 25, 2006
Corrodedlargecentville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1872 Indian and Mercs... that's a nice haul. Not to mention the other stuff. Looks like you got yourself a good site to hunt. HH!

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the toy.....based on what we find, they seem to be rarer than silver!

HH
-GC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread