Found this at local VV, silver tags was 75% off

TreasureHunters

Sep 21, 2009
Salem Oregon
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Originally they were asking $299 lv2.jpg Got it for $75.00 Guaranteed authentic, has monogram, tag, serial number and plastic on zipper and strap. Can anyone tell me what type of Louie Vuitton Paris hand bag it is? Thanks

NJ Marty

Jun 7, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS Minelab E-trac
Probably a counterfeit. One of the most copied brands, they fake serial numbers, tags and everything else. To get a new authentic one for $75 is very rare indeed.
I have learned this in the past. Over 90% of the Louis Vuitton bags on the market are fakes, it might even be 95%. I forgot the statistic on the percentage.
Hope you got super lucky and got a real one.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Please post detailed pics of all sides.

My initial thought is fake but you never know, you may have gotten very lucky.

NJ Marty

Jun 7, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Please post detailed pics of all sides.

My initial thought is fake but you never know, you may have gotten very lucky.
I don't think Louis Vuitton would split the design symbols or LV's with a seam or a zipper.
And they would NEVER have a tag or a plastic wrapped strap. Definite fake.

Last edited:

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to say, its fake. Ive bought these before with EVERYTHING you mentioned. I wouldn't touch these things every again actually expecting to get the real deal.

Just because it appears NEW, doesnt make it quality and as NJ Marty stated, it would never have a tag and plastic wrapped strap

OP
OP
TreasureHunters

TreasureHunters

Sep 21, 2009
Salem Oregon
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it was from value village they put the tag and plastic on it, they guaranteed it authentic..

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see 3 pleats along the bottom of your bag that I don't see on the bag in the website. Just an observation.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well, if its the same as on this link...its fake for sure...This isnt coming from a Louis Vuitton website

And you say you got it from " Value Village" and they put the cheapo tag on it?

Im sorry man, but the more that is talked about on this, the more Red Flags .

I have unfortunately spent 1000's on Purse and Wallets, etc from when i was Married....And I could tell you, you would be lucky to get a LV wallet on sale for 75 bucks.

The whole thing is...did you buy it for someone? or to resell? Because ive bought fake ones for my Ex wife just because i wasn't paying 1200 on a purse

Minas man

Apr 5, 2014
Atlantic Canada
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Anfibio wireless headphones
Nokta Makro Pulse Dive & Pulse Dive 8 inch
Fisher Gold Bug Pro DP
NEL Hunter & 5 inch fish
Killer B's headphones
Tesoro Vaquero 5x10 DD wide scan Realistic No
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the good fortune of a genuine one at a used clothing store about 10 years ago. The details and quality of the real bag is top notch from sewing seams zipper interior and exterior. Got mine for $4 and sat on it for a year and did lots of research before listing it as I did not want to sell a counterfeit as it would ruin my feed back. It was a 30 year old purse and I got $200 for it.
At $4 I could take chance as I did not no the brand at the time. You can feel and see Quality of the real thing.
Fake price tags are a big tip off.

Minas man

OP
OP
TreasureHunters

TreasureHunters

Sep 21, 2009
Salem Oregon
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it feels like butter, stitching is great, value village guaranteed it.. they wanted $300 and it was %75 off grey tags... it has a little tag on it that says "burnt 51510" with the monogram

NJ Marty

Jun 7, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
it feels like butter, stitching is great, value village guaranteed it.. they wanted $300 and it was %75 off grey tags... it has a little tag on it that says "burnt 51510" with the monogram
Take it to the mall with a Louis Vuitton store in it and ask them what they think. Im betting counterfeit. All fake china made ones you get on the street have the strap wrapped in plastic. That is one of the first easy ways to ID a fake. I wouldn't sell it as authentic until you find out. Everything is faked to a tee, inner label etc. They will be able to Id it from 20 feet away instantly. I bought over $2000 dollars worth, a bag and a wallet at a Louis Vuitton shop in the mall, yours seems off. Check it out at the mall and if you do let us know the results. Im not saying you cant score a brand new real one at VV buts its VERY unlikely.

OP
OP
TreasureHunters

TreasureHunters

Sep 21, 2009
Salem Oregon
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just noticed note on back of the value village price tag someone wrote "authenticated at l.v." Im guessing they took it to a store before they could even sell it... the cash register remarked it was 100% authentic when I bought it...hmmm

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread