Found this at local VV, silver tags was 75% off

NJ Marty

Jun 7, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS Minelab E-trac
Also the monograms should not be a solid color. The real bags have brown lines running through them, solid monograms are on fake bags.
670px-Spot-Fake-Louis-Vuitton-Purses-Step-3.jpg

NJ Marty

Jun 7, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Post a close up pic of the monograms. That will help solve the puzzle.

NJ Marty

Jun 7, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
OK good. Piece one of the puzzle is solved, now go to Louis Vuitton at the mall and get it checked out. Please keep us posted.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, if its the same as on this link...its fake for sure...This isnt coming from a Louis Vuitton website

And you say you got it from " Value Village" and they put the cheapo tag on it?

Im sorry man, but the more that is talked about on this, the more Red Flags .
The link I provided was just to show the name/style of his bag. It was a quick google search. I never said it was an actual LV website.

I have not seen this much arguing over a purse since the last Black Friday... :tongue3:
As I said, the devil is in the details. I find it funny that several people automatically assumed it was a fake before they actually seen any close ups of the bag. The original photo showed nothing wrong, other than the plastic on the strap which is (usually) removed before it hits the sales floor and the price tag hanging from it. Both of which were added by the thrift store according to TreasureHunters.

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice little purse! You can definitely find the real deal at a TS. Maybe the LV store donated it for some reason? I understand everyone's hesitation because there are so many fakes out there. I don't know if anyone remembers a post I put here a while ago but I found an authentic LV pouchette/coin purse at a TS. Paid like .69 cents and sold for $126 on eBay. Good luck with yours! :)

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like it has the brown lines, heres a closeup I just took.. View attachment 976308

I wish you the best of luck with your purse. Does the store you bought it from offer a refund if it is proven to be counterfeit? If it turns out that it is fake, be sure to get a note including the name and number from the rep at the LV store who checked it out.

I just bought & sold my first purse, but it wasn't a super high end brand - Brahmin. Was NWOT condition - absolutely beautiful - and was found on top of a GW cart for $18. Here's the link: Brahmin All Leather Satchel Toasted Almond Handbag Alligator Print | eBay

gino22

Nov 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you get the chance, take it to a LV store in your area. They will perform a quick free authentication. They really stand behind their product and will go the extra mile to get to the bottom of this. You will not get in trouble if it's fake, but you will know beyond the shadow of a doubt if it is real.

If you are not near a store, try emailing them detailed pictures. I have not personally tried this, but given their high standard of customer service it should be possible.

If it's not real, take it back and complain until they give a refund. If they don't honor their guaranteed authentic policy and you don't care to do business with them again, tell them you will inform the LV store or police and be on your way. They may change their tune.

Some of the fakes are really good. I have a real LV wallet (100% authenticated) that I carry as a kind of acid test for the thrift store stuff. Some of it - even otherwise obvious fakes - come close in the look and feel in the leather department.

Why would anyone offer genuine LV at a discount? Think about it. The stuff's worth it's weight in gold and everyone knows it.

Maybe you got lucky, but the only way to be sure is to contact LV.

I do wish you luck; let us know what you find out

NJ Marty

Jun 7, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Just came across this post again. What did you find out? real or fake? Ted Knight from caddyshack said it best. " Well we're waiting"

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it is that one thanks, same exact red and logo inside..

Not to highjack your thread, but here's something on the same topic.

Maybe this is something that goes on some type of a LV piece.... The copper colored key is solid, not a hollow barrel, but the strings appear to be non movable. Is it from a purse? Is it worth anything?

Thanks

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    723.6 KB · Views: 79

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not to highjack your thread, but here's something on the same topic.

Maybe this is something that goes on some type of a LV piece.... The copper colored key is solid, not a hollow barrel, but the strings appear to be non movable. Is it from a purse? Is it worth anything?

Thanks
Some LV purses and luggage had little padlocks on them. That's what your key is for. I have a lock but no key, lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread