1467640816919.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 494
Upvote 0

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Come on Diz.. 1,000-1,600 grams per 55 gallon barrel... Is normal. "they" probably process two or three 55 gallon barrels per day!
It's not really that much....

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Those figures are actually low when compared to black sands saved by recreationals who use inefficient recreational equipment.

When you use things such as the gold miser that OV posts about you can expect nothing. Thats probably why OV thinks 1000-1600 grams is a lot of gold from one drum.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Come on Diz.. 1,000-1,600 grams per 55 gallon barrel... Is normal. "they" probably process two or three 55 gallon barrels per day!
It's not really that much....

:icon_scratch:

I've been away for while,....Ever see the movie "Groundhog Day"? :laughing7:

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
OV you edited out the text that you posted. Why? Was it because you searched for "black sand assay" and found the assays that were over 2,000 grams per ton? Lol!

You should send me some of your black sands after you are done with them so we can show you what you missed! Lol!

https://youtu.be/tbY5ZMQXN0M

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Sometimes we forget....[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Lets for a moment try to regain our focus here, not on how much gold is in a given quantity of material but how best to get the gold out of that material... and in this case oleophillic adhesion is the process being the point.
[/FONT]
One of the problems with the internet is there is SO much info out there, some of it is just plain BS and that don't mean black sand....

The other is anonymity ... we all have clever names or handles on the forum... very few of us have met any other members and so there is little to actually go on as to their real identity.

I have had the opportunity to meet quite a few of the members and can say the people I have personally met
are good and genuine people..... Some of us have even done some digging together. I will also be the first to admit I am just a hobby miner, I get off the couch sometimes and just go hit the beach for a little gold... the amount of gold is so far hasn't covered expenses and the wife ribs me about it all the time, but she is a trooper and even gets out there with me and digs right in too.

I have put images up that shows my huge hauls.....:laughing7: and the equipment I use and even pics of the days on the beach. yup just out having some "fun"?

Now the pissing match that going on here is absurd, I don't and have never met chlsbrns, or dizzydigger so I cannot say one way or the other if they are the real deal, man or woman, fish or foul......

I have not met most of the participants on this thread. ... I have met OregonViking, He has a lot of knowledge of the area he lives in but like so many of us life calls for us to do more mundane things instead of playing in the dirt looking for that elusive yellow metal.

I have also had some great phone conversations with arizau and can say that we will meet when he comes out here on his annual beach trip at some point.

I have also met a few others that are the real deal.

I know that most of the forum members are hobby miners or recreational miners which ever you prefer. I know that title will ruffle the feathers of some who have delusions but thats your problem, not mine.

There are a few that do actually mine for a living... I wish I could be one of them but I have a profession that makes my livelihood and still lets me play in the sand.

Anyway I guess this could all be calmed down if chslbrns would indeed show us a little of the results he/she is claiming to have accomplished. I think the techniques chlsbrns is describing are valid and I have found info that substantiates that although it is usually used in larger operations which adds further credence to the techniques....

So after all this I have a couple points that I guess I'm trying to make here.

To chslbrns.
You could put an end to all the BS here if you would take the minute to show us some pics of you operation or the results of it.
You have shared a good bit of usable info and all these guys want is a honey shot or two. you have the time to post here it takes no more time to ad a pic or two.

To dizzydigger re-read your own signature line once in a while.
[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Dizzy's Super-Simple, Universal Rule of Forum Conduct: [/FONT]Don't be an ass.

Now I'm not trying to pick on anybody... Just trying to get things back on track to discuss some methods of gold recovery.

So party on gang and get back to business.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A money shot means nothing. Anyone can take a picture and say they found it. And even claim how they found it. Gold will stick to vaseline and other greases, that fact has never been denied or argued. Grease tables are not the most efficient way to recover gold from black sand that part is true. And using sheets covered in something to grab micro gold might also technically happen. But, not to any profitable level. If it even approached actually doable. The Amazon and many of its tributaties would be sloppy with vasaline from the stuff that sluffs off.
For as complicated as a concept it's turned into here it is amazingly simple, and that is why if it was the cat's meow...some one would have pet that Kitty a long long time ago!!

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
A money shot means nothing. Anyone can take a picture and say they found it.

True enough..... And given the internet and anonymity more often than not.

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
The select few who post off topic, post garbage, just do not believe or won't take 5 minutes to smear a thin coating of crisco, add water, add black sands and agitate should just not post.

I've gotten numerous PM's asking for info and I give info. Im assuming that they do not want to be insulted or badgered by posting in the thread by the select few who post off topic, post garbage, just do not believe or won't take 2 minutes to smear a thin coating of crisco, add water, add black sands and agitate.

Yes there are better ways but most here aren't going to invest in froth floatation. There is no faster way and less expensive way to easily capture tiny particles of gold that each can't be seen by the naked eye.

Last edited:

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Bacon grease does work as does just about any grease.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It is amazingly simple and whats more the technique, as described, is very passive and seems to utilize relatively inexpensive materials combined with, apparently, minimal labor costs. Small scale in streams or small rivers....no way. Large scale in large, free flowing, high silt load rivers.....only chlsbrns knows. I would hope that her claims are truthful and more power to her if they are.

I still would still like to see some pictures including some of the concentrates.

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
We first tried the sheets in tailing ponds. It was very profitable being the high levels of micron sized gold. Streams take longer, much longer but a $1's worth of material and 5 minutes of labor makes it easy to recover expenses. 55 gallon drums and multiple 5 gallon buckets are run over a greased table. We use a trash pump to recirculate the sands over the table multiple times in a short period of time. Easy and very profitable!

I would think that some have tried it but won't post due to the select few.

Last edited:

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We first tried the sheets in tailing ponds. It was very profitable being the high levels of micron sized gold. Streams take longer, much longer but a $1's worth of material and 5 minutes of labor makes it easy to recover expenses. 55 gallon drums and multiple 5 gallon buckets are run over a greased table. We use a trash pump to recirculate the sands over the table multiple times in a short period of time. Easy and very profitable!

I would think that some have tried it but won't post due to the select few.

Have you done any testing of bare beach sands? Running in tailings ponds brings up the question, how did you circulate the feed?

Last edited:

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
I've posted the pic below with others showing the micron gold stuck to crisco as soon as it made contact. The gold didn't make it to the corner of the pan! It can be done in less then a minute but the pics didn't do any good the select few critisized.

Attachments

• 20160708_145448_resized.jpg
    20160708_145448_resized.jpg
    392.1 KB · Views: 183

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Have you done any testing of bare beach sands? Running in tailings ponds brings up the question, how did you circulate the feed?

No we don't mine beaches but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've posted the pic below with others showing the micron gold stuck to crisco as soon as it made contact. The gold didn't make it to the corner of the pan! It can be done in less then a minute but the pics didn't do any good the select few critisized.

Yes. Saw that but was that placer concentrate or from your river or tailings pond concentrates.

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes. Saw that but was that placer concentrate or from your river or tailings pond concentrates.

That was from black sand that were sent to us from a mine in mexico. Black sands that passed thru a sluice and were run thru a gold cube. What you see was not captured by the sluice or the gold cube.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread