Found this in my yard.....can you help?

carolinasaver

Sep 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Georgetown, SC a very historic place but these may not be old though. PLease help me....lol

photo 2.JPG photo 1.JPG

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

carolinasaver

Sep 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like modern fired bullets.

Thats what I thought too, but I found them in my yard and I live in a Historical District, no hunting within 15 miles of here....lol. Plus I didn't notice any rifling on the lead slug either. So, It's very confusing to me.???

RiverRat3

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2009
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's kinda weird how there is still a point with everything smashed around it. I have found older fired bullets with no rifling. It can be scary where you find fired bullets especially in areas where no hunting is permitted.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
old smooth bore shotguns will not have "rifling" in the barrel -- thats why hunting with a old smooth bore type shotgun with a "long type" slug or or round shaped "pumpkin ball" was a short range affair for the most part (hit or miss)- slugs with a "smoothbore" not very accurite for the most part -thats why lots of folks used "buckshot" smaller in size true but theres a bunch of em --its a % game with buckshot

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
look at foster slugs and brenekee slugs as well as "pumpkin ball" slugs

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Modern for sure..............HH

T.C.W.

Greenie
Jul 25, 2012
Think I'm going to agree with ginnysdaddy, I'm an electrician by trade and often times when a dead short occurs the fuse looks very similar to the picture. Melted and charred. Can't really elaborate on the bullet end of it but it does resemble a fuse that had seen a serious short!!

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
could be a fuse. could also be hidden hinge cabinet hardware or catch. don't think it's a bullet.

Chips

Jun 1, 2012
Wellington
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 Ltd, GTAx1000 (Coil Died), AT-Pro (died), Tesoro Sand Shark,Ctx3030, Whites V3i.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wonder if there is anything else in the local vicinity that might give another hint to what it might be. I was hoping that if it were say fuses then there may be a few more bits. But its I see what you mean,, there are two. and you would expect two with a fuse. If it were a fuse that must have been a few amps then lol !!!

oldsalty19

Silver Member
May 29, 2011
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bullett and copper jacket

OP
OP
C

carolinasaver

Sep 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks T.C.W.,
That might be right......Transformers blow up around here all the time. I'll have to ask one of the city electricians around here. Thanks everyone for replying.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread