Found this old picture of wheaties...

Jim C.

Jun 23, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer (is there another brand)
I remember taking this picture with my wheaties all lined up according to their decade. Far left is the 09s, the the teens, 20s, 30s, 40s and 50s. Check out the amount of 40s compared to the 20s and 30s. Folks really held onto those pennies during the 20s and 30s. Each stack is 10 wheaties so there are over 1000 in the photo. Still have em in jars plus more were added until 2008.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
check the mintage numbers of 20/30 vs 40 /50 cents --quite simply during the 40's after the war --the USA was getting "rich" by supplying all the things the other major counties needed to rebuild themselves with --just think -- england , germany, france, russia, italy and japan --their factorys were all heavily bomb damaged --their countries needed to rebuild -- our factories were "intact" --to sell goods alll we basically had to do was "make em" --they were sold as soon as they got made basically --eagerly snapped up by a "hungery world"--- THIS lead to the 1945 to 1960 era--"golden era" for american workers -- high wages , medical plans , retirement plans --after 1960 the freshly rebuilt "new" foreign factories came on line

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, good times after WWII, love finding them Walkers too, people had money to throw away! ffd

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one heck of a Wheat collection!
Where is the Indian and Silver collection?? :laughing7:

OP
OP
Jim C.

Jim C.

Jun 23, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer (is there another brand)
Brentallica said:
That is one heck of a Wheat collection!
Where is the Indian and Silver collection?? :laughing7:

I sold em off a few years back. Still have a few indians and a couple large cents I kept back. Plus one civil war token. I have all my old buttons and what nots.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread