Fourth of July paintings

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Hi all! Just wanted to share what myself and a friend have been doing the past 3 weeks. Long story-short....we wanted to honor the vets in our small town with a painted flag wrapped around thier little white building. After a yes vote, and a couple of other votes :dontknow: :icon_scratch: they decided no. That's ok, it's small town politics, and it makes me smile!!! so we proceeded to a couple of building owned by a Coast Guard Vet, and the library window. It's been a marathon of hot, hot temps, painting in the morning as soon as it's light, go to work, then paint from 6 or so till dark. but it was sooo worth it! The eagle/shield still needs more kids' handprints (our stars!) before it's finished, and the coast guard windows have three more paintings planned for them, BUT we did it! we got three patriotic murals up in a small town with many vacant stores! We will paint till we have all five branches honored, and hopeful a wall of honor for the ones currently serving. Everyone have a BLAST this 4th, and think about precious freedom!

Attachments

• mural2.jpg
    mural2.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 219
  • flag mural.jpg
    flag mural.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 218
  • flagmural1.jpg
    flagmural1.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 212
  • 091.JPG
    091.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 218
  • handprint - Copy.jpg
    handprint - Copy.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 228
  • mural2.jpg
    mural2.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 220
  • mural2.jpg
    mural2.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 211

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The murals look great, Lisa....I like the one with the eagle/shield and handprints best! Good job!
God Bless America!!

F

Felinepeachy

Very well done!! I am sure it will be well appreciated. :notworthy:

bravowhiskey

Bronze Member
May 29, 2009
Brazos Valley, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
We should all donate more of our time and effort to our great country. What you did for your local vets is inspiring. :thumbsup:

(also happy when anyone goes against the PC trend) Why would anyone vote down such a project? :dontknow:

WTG! GREAT JOB!!!

OP
OP
naturegirl

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Thanks bravowhiskey and HOSS. We decided the voting down was a good thing, because then the project grew from a single flag to doing something for all five branches of service. People are very supportive, and have even handed us money to pay for the paint. It's been extremely rewarding, and I have a feeling before it's all said and done, the ones who voted the original proposal down will contribute to the project after all. Celebrate Freedom!!!! it's so worth celebrating, and talk about history to some kids today.

buckshot

Mar 31, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Hey ng, Those murals do look great! It's good to see these timely expressions of patriotism that have a personal touch to them. Have a good and safe 4th of July... and "Let Freedom Ring"
buckshot

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread