Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last week I went back to Maggie Mae's place. Spent around four hours there trying to find a silver ring for the owner. It was an old coin ring and he said he had lost it 30+ years ago while shooting basketball. The 'court' was/is dirt. I stayed within an area that I thought it could be and then some, but no ring. :-\ That place was LOADED with iron. I dug everything with a positive tone and ended up with pockets full of NON keepers. :-X :D

100_2372.jpg

The only keeper that hunt, other than change, was a 1 Franc from 1939.

100_2450.jpg

100_2453.jpg

Next hunt was at an old homeplace that had the sweetest owner. He was a lot of fun to meet. Ninety-three years young and loves to fish like nobodies business! Tells a good story too! :thumbsup:

100_2456.jpg

Spent around four hours there as well. The old home was shoved down and a trailer put in its place. The dirt was shoved around and mixed in with a hefty layer of trash. Massey Ferguson fob celebrating its 125th anniversary, a broken marble, cow tag and what looks like a gun flint is all I kept from there. I found the flint piece in the little garden he had plowed off to the side. I'm hoping someone will chime in on this one and verify. :)

IMG_8268.jpg

IMG_8261.jpg

IMG_8262.jpg

IMG_8264.jpg

Then today, I went to check out a spot that we couldn't get to till now. No keepers to speak of from there except a partial arrowhead from one of the holes I dug. I sure wish he'd plow that pasture. :P :D

IMG_8273.jpg

Not much for the week, but always fun to play. :wink:

Nana :)

Upvote 0
Great day out and intersting finds Nana. Why is it that the lady Md'ers bat their eyelashes at a property owner and get instant permission, I try it and get run off! ;D ;D ;D

Thanks KD! :)
And Steve...the weather ain't nice yet...but will be in a couple of days! :thumbsup: Thanks!! :-*
Thanks, BURT! :thumbsup: ;D
Thanks G Nugget! That means a lot to me! :)
Thank you too, TC! :)
Thanks Allen. It was in very good shape! I was very suprised by it. :)
:D Just remember Nugget...you have do a little name dropping while you bat your eyelashes. :thumbsup:

jorge del norte said:
whats the thing under the ferguson token, glass window pendant thingy?

I dunno? ??? It was made of aluminum and was full of dirt under the glass part.

Ya'll have a GREAT week!!

Nana~

Wow, would you look at all that trash? ;D ;D

Nana, no one can argue that you don't work hard for your finds, and for other's lost finds!! :o :thumbsup:

I wonder if that ring was even in that dirt court? Well, you gave it your best!

Congrats on your goodies! :thumbsup:

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Nana40 said:
jorge del norte said:
whats the thing under the ferguson token, glass window pendant thingy?

I dunno? ??? It was made of aluminum and was full of dirt under the glass part.

i found one just like it a few weeks back, same glass, dirt......and rusty something inside? it's a mystery??

Hey Nana.. Sorry to hear no luck on the hunt.

But you did a great job of clean-up.

Happy Hunting

Twin Digger

Good stuff nana, I wonder how that 1939 franc got there were you found it?

Nice photos!

Chris

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back