Free time and Lots of Questions: Riverside Area

RAD1210

Mar 4, 2009
I am new to this and have a lot of questions about metal detecting. I get out of the Marine Corps tomorrow and will have a lot of free time until june. If there is anybody that would not mind taking along a newby in the Riverside/Moreno Valley area area on a hunt, i would much appreciate it. I bought a MXT 350 yesterday and am dying to get my first find.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
There's a brick & mortar club in the Riverside area, if I'm not mistaken. Attend their monthly meeting, and see who comes into the "find of the month display" with the oldies. Ie.: not just the sandbox hunters with matchbox cars and clad, but see who comes in with old silver coins and such :) My experience is that aces like that, tend to mingle with like-ACES. So if you have a spot that you've milked old silver (seateds and barbers or whatever), and you come in with a shadow box of those, you will tend to get the aces to warm up to you, and be willing to swap sites :) It's only natural that those that have researched out good spots, and now how to make their units sing there, will want to pace themselves with persons of like caliber, not persons who tag along and expect them to do all the research, teaching, etc.... Yeah I know, it's a "catch 22", because how are you supposed to know the type sites, settings, techniques, etc.... unless someone shows you? Doh!

also get on the Kinzli forum, which is specifically for CA only posters. To get past the main page, you have to sign up, but it's easy: just pick a name and password.

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
Riverside Treasure Hunters is the club, and they meet the first Friday of the month. Just yahoo Riverside Treasure Hunters and check their web site to get directions to the meeting place.

Several people from Moe Valley who Metal Detect. Do you have a Job yet, and are you leaving 29 Palms or SD for MV?

OPUS1

Jan 23, 2009
So. Cal
Detector(s) used
BH QD II,Minelab GPX 4500 PULSE GOLD PROSPECTING DETECTOR,Garrett Infinium LS Pulse Metal Detector
RAD send me a PM and we can hook up. It doesn't matter to me what experience you have. I'm just out there to have fun. I have alot of old properties to hunt. You need to find your first silver some time right :thumbsup:

mpl

Jun 2, 2007
I live in La Quinta and would love to go out with someone else. I'm pretty new to metal detecting and often feel I'm in over my head with research or where to go.

Bullfrog1

Oct 24, 2008
RAD: Your in luck, providing you read this before this Friday evening! :blob10: The Riverside Treasure Hunter's Club is meeting this Friday Night at 7PM - 10PM, in Riverside, in the cafeteria of the Jackson Elemenary School, on the SE corner of Colorado & Jackson! It's about 1.8 mi North of the 91 fwy on Van Buren Ave! At Colorado, turn right, go the signal light, you're there! I will like to give you a personal invite to come! :wave: We have about 110 members, who hunt in every location, and can help you! My name is Bob. I am the President of the Riverside Treasure Hunter's Club. Hope to see you there! :thumbsup:

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Bob,
I hope you won't mind if I tag along...I went to the site to check ( I joined the site awhile back but have not been to any of the meetings ) and found out the time as well... Hope to see you there..

PLL

Jack Hamilton

Apr 13, 2009
Murrieta Ca
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq
Old town Temecula might be a decent place to hunt. Google it. Pujol st. looks to have been an area where some really old properties were. I've been through there a bunch of times on my way up to the santa margarita river. Right now there is construction going on....who knows what the grading could have stirred up? Best of luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread