Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I have no idea how I managed this and I'm riding a high like you wouldn't believe. 3cylbill and I went to our new spot again today, and I wandered into a whole mess of great coins. I found so many indians that I lost count during the hunt, ended up with a total of 11 indians. If that wasn't ridiculous enough, I also found 2 shield nickels, a 2 cent piece, and a canadian large cent. IF THAT was also not ridiculous enough, I also found 1858 seated dime, and a 1857 seated half dime, and a random merc. Then to top it off; throw in a sleigh bell, buckle, and some weird copper and glass thing, and 3 wheat cents. Something was in the air today on friday the 13th. I'm still in disbelief, has to be my career best hunt. Thanks for checking it out! Oh yeah the seated half dime, 2 cent piece, and shield nick were all bucket listers for me.

20180413_163640_resized.jpg 20180413_163723_resized.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 49

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
nice finds its raining here that is my luck

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Unbelievable hunt! That would be most everyone's best career hunt- Congrats!!

-- Jeff --

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you had a very satisfying day TPmetal. I’d be on a high too. Congrats!

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice. Two seated in one hunt means your on some good ground

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow! What a great day to remember. Geez, you can return to this thread for months! It'll stay fresh for you - but then...... You haven't searched that place out yet have you? We might see more delights from you at that site!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice finds! :occasion14:

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
T....killed it on friday the 13. I told you there were still sites like this and as we left i pointed out the HUGE area that we never got to .. for as good a day as TP had I had the opposite I found one clad dime...WHY ? I brought my old hip mount that couldn't reach down ALL of the stuff is very deep there and i hunted hard for hours and by the time i went and got the toltec i was wore out so i just watched old TP clean up that boy can swing a detector and when he hit the honey hole he was ready for it and am VERY happy for him finding all those bucket listers he deserves it ..sooo when are we goin back...?

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great results! WTG on the coppers and the silvers. Congrats

The weird glass and brass thingy isn't too weird-it's pin/brooch. Brass backing with a photo or image of something (your example is really nice because one can still see the design) Then the big hunk of glass over it to sort of magnify the image. I believe they were popular in the late 19C (Victorian) and have dug a few over the years.

20180311_165258.jpg

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a stupendous Friday the 13th. Incredible amount of Indians. Two seated in one hunt plus a 2 Center. Man you stepped into something good.
Congratulations.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions