An unexpected Hunt Yields Some Jewelry

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Everyone,

I was driving home from a meeting and spotted a school yard play ground in Central Massachusetts. So I thought what the heck…. I took out the Minelab Go-Find 60 that I always leave in the car and gave it a spin. I found four pieces of jewelry below the surface of the mulch and a few clad coins (not pictured). All hit very hard being only 1 to 3 inches down. The nice bracelet has something to do with nursing.

Thank you for looking.

GL & HH

Doc

04_13_2018 School.jpg

Upvote 15

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet finds Doc- Congrats!

-- Jeff --

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Geez! Everything I see in your picture is a keeper! Nice finds! Checked for PM's yet?

Though usually it just doesn't really matter. It is more about finding at least one thing that really pleases you.

Maybe 20 years from now I'll have a "yard sale" at the butt of my driveway to the highway, with a table devoted to those finds I liked. The precious metals will go to my kids :)

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils -Minelab Manticore-
-Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two things you're almost always gonna find in school play grounds: jewelry and bullets! Nice finds.

LOL I found both the one time I hunted a school.
Across the street from a police station...

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello Everyone,

I was driving home from a meeting and spotted a school yard play ground in Central Massachusetts. So I thought what the heck…. I took out the Minelab Go-Find 60 that I always leave in the car and gave it a spin. I found four pieces of jewelry below the surface of the mulch and a few clad coins (not pictured). All hit very hard being only 1 to 3 inches down. The nice bracelet has something to do with nursing.

Thank you for looking.

GL & HH

Doc

View attachment 1577336

wondering if the 'north peak' was a belly button ring? ( think about it)

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool! I really like the nursing charm bracelet! You don't see that every day!

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread