FRIDAY. 2/23/07 - Winter Conference - FINAL VERSION OF SCHEDULE POSTED

Re: IT JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER... TREASURE CONFERANCE EXPANDED!!!

UPDATE: Okay... the issues regarding the Daytona 500 being on the same day as the conference have been successfully dealt with, I think and so I am removing the comments previously made in this post in that regard.

Everyone contacting me has indicated that the "show must go on!" and so far only one person has indicated they will change their plans in order to watch the race, so we will proceed with preparations for the conference.

DC

Re: IT JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER... TREASURE CONFERANCE EXPANDED!!!

If not for the commercials, the Super Bowl is just another day...well,,,except for it being Sunday. Now, Sunday and the Daytona 500....I get to worship twice. Throw in a Treasure Conference and that's three times the worship. If that day is 70 degrees F....four times the pleasure. At any rate, Feb 18 is shaping up to be a great day for me (selfishly said).

I'll be the first to tuck my tail and run, if it's not raining in Florida, I will be watching the 500. My avatar might help explain. I am ashamed to admit it but I abandon my two sons for those three Daytona 500 hours.

Would it be acceptable for me to skip out on the middle hours of the conference? I will waive my rights to door prizes and will be there early to help set up the room in exchange as well as assist in taking the room down.

Taping the Daytona 500 is like using a condom.......

I will never complain about the lack of Kentucky findings ever again.......... ;D

Re: TREASURE CONFERENCE SCHEDULE UPDATE - Sunday, Feb 4th

"quote AnOldPro" We could make you an Honorary Kaintuck for a day and put your name on one of those remaining seats at the conference, if you could make it.

I would love to be able to make it, but time constraints right now won`t allow me to. Does sound like its gonna be a hoot wish i could make it, maybe next time if i can get a raincheck.

Re: TREASURE CONFERENCE SCHEDULE UPDATE - Sunday, Feb 4th

You got that raincheck, Sleeper... don't spend it all in one place! ;)

DC

Re: FRIDAY UPDATE... TREASURE CONFERENCE HAS A METAL DETECTOR ADDED TO PRIZES!!

I FORGOT TO MENTION.... The hotel has offered to do us a buffet lunch in our meeting room at the conference for $9.00 per person. All of you who are planning to attend please give me your feedback on this ASAP so I can let the hotel know Yea or Nay on them providing our lunch.

Thanks in advance for getting back to me right away on this.

Dorian

NEWSFLASH ! EEEEEEEEEEEEEE-HA!!!! WE GOT IT... and MORE!!!

Just got word... my long-time treasure hunting friend and detector dealer in Lebanon, Ohio, Jerry Hoffman just called with word that he is donating a brand new Prism 5 metal detector... for a top door prize at the treasure conference and... it gets even better... a complete set of the now permanently out-of-print Terry's STATE-BY-STATE TREASURE ATLAS in 10 Volumes. I was already donating one set of these great research tools so we will now give TWO sets away at the conference. He is also donating some other books as well so we now have nearly NINETY... THATS RIGHT, FOLKS... I SAID 90... PRIZES TO GIVE AWAY!

I have not added up the value yet but we have to have over $1500 in prize value already and we may well get more donations before the coming week is out.

Man... if this keeps up we will be so busy handing out prizes we won't have time for the rest of the conference (JUST KIDDING ;D ).

As they say on the tee-vee... "Stay tuned for further developments!".

Dorian

This conference is starting to look more attractive than the Daytona 500!

What's on the buffet menu?

I'm in on the buffet.

absalon

Hello everyone!

Sunday was a great day... I drove to Lexington to personally check out the room we will be using for the conference and to plan the layout of the display tables and seating. All went well... its a great room and facility and I will be sending everyone who has pre-registered the info on its location on Wednesday of this week.

I then drove to Winchester to meet Greg Crabtree to pick up some extra wood display cases for some of the things I will have on display. Greg has about the best prices on display cases I have found and is a heck of a nice guy. He is hoping to come to our event and bring samples of all the different kinds of cases he sells and... to find out what the hobby of metal detecting is all about.

Greg surprised me by donating 9 nice display cases of the black simulated leather type for prizes so we will be adding those to the list. My head is reeling... if this keeps up we will have more than 100 prizes to give away.... AND... THESE PRIZES ARE NOT JUNK!

The most of them are either new or ANTIQUE old. There are some used TH'ing books but even those are out of print and becoming collectible, not to mention that they still have a lot of good info for you folks who have gotten into metal detecting in the last few years.

ALL MY 35 YEARS OF ATTENDING AND SPONSORING ORGANIZED TREASURE HUNTING EVENTS I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANTHING TO COMPARE WITH THE ABUNDANCE OF PRIZES THAT WILL BE GIVEN OUT TO SUCH A RELATIVELY SMALL GROUP OF PEOPLE!!!

Not only will there likely be 5 to 6 prizes PER PERSON :o but we are going to do that WITHOUT CHARGING any type of admission charge or making you listen to any hokey sales pitch.

I have one "sales pitch" to "SELL you" and that is... be a better treasure FINDER this year... and EVERY year from now on... BECAUSE.... you CAME to the conference HUNGRY TO LEARN AND SUCCEED. This is a FEAST of information and INSPIRATION... and THAT is a PROMISE!!! And... if you like what you see and hear at this one... we can go to work on planning another one.

ATTENTION ALL YOU LAST MINUTE "HOLD-OUTS"... we are down to less than 10 seats available for the conference so you might want to re-consider waiting any longer to sign up for it.

Thanks in advance to all the effort those on the "staff" are putting in both now and... will put in... at the event itself and... MOST importantly... for the unbridled ENTHUSIASM... you are displaying. It sure helps we "old pros" ignore the "mileage" on our aging bodies and throw ourselves into the great amount of work necessary to make this thing happen with zeal and determination!

Treasure hunting... unlike other sports and hobbies that are so much more popular... is TRULY an activity for ALL ages.... my observation over the past several decades is that the dedicated TH'er DOES NOT RETIRE... he simply goes on with his hunting until his body just won't co-operate with his still-willing spirit. I bet "St. Peter just has fits with the old TH'ers that walk through his "pearly gates" trying to dig up the golden streets. I can see it now... ST. PETER: "Look here, fella... if I send you back to earth with the body of a 20 year old and give you the detector of your choice and pay all your treasure hunting experiences and give you another 100 years of life... WOULD YOU STOP DIGGING UP MY GOLD PAVING BRICKS???!!!". TREASURE HUNTER: "You gotta be kiddin me, Pete...!!! You want ME to give up THIS just to go back and dig up rusty metal, pull-tabs and a few clad coins??? NO DEAL!!!". ::)

FYI: IN CASE OF BAD WEATHER: The "weather liars", as my dear wife calls them, say that we are REALLY going to get pounded by a REALLY BAD-A.. storm beginning this afternoon. Blizzard type snow, rain, major icing... TRULY A PROPHECY OF GLOOM AND DOOM!

In the event that this storm and its effects are not out of the way in time to allow us easy and safe access to our conference facility on Sunday we will not cancel the event... merely postponed it to the earliest possible alternate date.

I will up-date the event schedule at the top of the page on Wednesday.

That's the latest.

Stay warm, y'all!

Dorian

Re: FRIDAY. 2/16/07 - KGC "Round Table" ADDED to the Winter Conference!!!

A PERSONAL NOTE TO ALL CONFERENCE ATTENDEES AS WELL AS ANY OF YOU TNET'ers that may read this.

I am a "Get things done type of person" with a lot of experience in putting together events for treasure hunters.
Sometimes in my efforts to get things done and put on a "good show" I forget to consider the feelings and sensitivities of some that I have to interact with. They then perceive me as the south bound end of a north bound horse and... its largely my own fault. So if I have offended you by any comments made in public or private emails I hereby publicly apologize and ask you to look beyond the offense at my intentions to give everyone a good experience at the conference. Sometimes the people I try to help are not very co-operative and I feel the need to give them a prod and that can be taken the wrong way. I would appeal to you to judge me AFTER you attend the conference and not BEFORE. I think if you do that you will be glad you chose to do so.

Absolutely sincerely from my heart,

Dorian

Re: WEDNESDAY. 2/20/07 - ALL SEATS NOW RESERVED for the Winter Conference!

For what it's worth, Lexington has an indoor smoking ban. All of us sinners will have to step outside.

Well, Darn! Somehow I completely missed this post and knew nothing about it until this evening! I sure would have liked to come. Guess I will keep my eyes open next time. Monty

Dont worry Jamie, I will bring an extra can of dip so you wont have to spend all your time out there, hahahahahaha

pacman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back