Fridays 4 boxes of halves and Saturdays Roadtrip

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
Friday's 4 boxes of halves and Saturdays Roadtrip

So yesterday I picked up 4 boxes of halves (2 each from 2 separate banks) and 1 CWR. All 4 boxes were skunks, other than being loaded with NIFC, which I throw back. The CWR had one 1983-S in ok condition. Also managed to go through about $1000 in CWR of dimes. Found 7 silver Roosies and 1 silver Canadian dime.

Today's road trip started slow, hit 4 banks and only one had 2 fed rolls of halves, both skunks. Things picked up once I got out of my usual area. I managed to buy about $800 worth of CWR of dimes, found 10 Silver Roosevelts and 1 Merc. I went through about $100 worth of halves, a mix of loose, CWR and MWR, all skunks. Then I stopped at a little Credit Union in northern CT. I asked for halves. They said they had 3 rolls and asked if I wanted them. Of course I smiled and said 'please'. The pretty young teller asked me if I had an account. Thinking my luck had just run out, I said no. She said "sorry, we can't sell coin to non-customers." As soon as she finished speaking, the elderly head teller spoke up and said "just sell them, they've been in the vault for months." My smile returned. As I sat in my car I eagerly opened the the rolls. Here's what I found;

Roll 1: 5 x 40%
Roll 2: All 20 were 40%!!!
Roll 3: 4 x 40%

29 40%ers in all from that stop. I think I may owe that nice old lady a little treat :)

Upvote 0

coincrawlin

Sep 13, 2010
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Friday's 4 boxes of halves and Saturdays Roadtrip

Very nice :icon_thumright:. I've yet to hit something like that. I guess persistence does pay off.

RoyHalladay

May 16, 2011

Impressive. Yeah, I'd buy her some chocolates or something out of gratitude.

dougbfromnorthga

Apr 10, 2011
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon & Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice haul. That is a great day. HH Doug

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

solid rolls are great! I remember getting way back in 2008 buying 2 rolls of half dollars and they contained 39x 40%, also got 2 peace dollars from that bank, nothing significant since, but a silver pops up here and there(halves)

HH

buckanear

Oct 27, 2009

Well done!!Nothing like solid rolls to make your day.

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010

Great score! Persistence pays off.
Congrats,
rileyboy
Rich, R.I.P.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread