Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I start by saying that I am now in the path of the massive lake fire in so cal mts.Was just told to prepare for evacuation order,getting my animals out today.Some bonehead was flying a frigging camera drone last eve in the fire tanker drop area.they grounded the tankers for safety and the dam fire exploded and with the help of southerly winds is now heading for us.I have to wonder if an extra three hours of ******ant drops would have helped us out.

When they id this baffoon I hope they just let him go...we'll take care of that fool ourselves.Its closed airspace,strike one....mandatory evacuation in that area,strike 2.....hwy closed so had to head in by dirt bike etc placing himself in jepordy and causing a search for him,strike 3

It figures,I just closed escrow on the 5th.30 years up here and first decently modern home I ever had.I'm in full drone hunt mode,thanks for letting me rant,gotta go.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I see you're going to enter into a new type of hunting.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hope it doesn't get to you.

I'd want his thumbs for a necklace if it was me. We're rooting for ya!

Keep an eye out on Youtube. That breed just can't resist posting videos of the results.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suspect that it wont be long before someone besides me comes up with a "jammer" idea...
If they have not done so already...
Place / aim "jammer" at signal controlled device... and it jams signal to the device...
Hence...
Drone falls from the sky like sack of potatoes.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think I'd arm myself with a paintball gun and aim at one or 2 of the props. It should crash if you hit at least one of the 4 props since it will become unstable.

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I suspect that it wont be long before someone besides me comes up with a "jammer" idea...
If they have not done so already...
Place / aim "jammer" at signal controlled device... and it jams signal to the device...
Hence...
Drone falls from the sky like sack of potatoes.

I think they make this device already. It's called a "shotgun". :laughing7:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Heck, a bottle rocket and a 20 ft string would bring them down. Just have to gum up one propeller.

Trouble is they are on 2.4GHz and it's a 1:1 direct link - same as cell phones and WiFi.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
like a cops radar gun...
Just point at it... and it just hits that device.
Stops all transmission to and from that device for a period of "when you push trigger and aim at it"...

Should just drop the thing.

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hope you make out alright bigfoot1.
Good to know you had the opportunity to get the critters out .

OP
OP
bigfoot1

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
update...critters,"down the hill"thanks to my lil bro.love that guy.Daughter gone to family in safe place.My wife and I are staying.we have 50 gals of thermo gel and a ripping pump and gun for it.we will wait till last minute,cover our home and things then bail.We have full face nosh 95 respirators and already need em off and on.

Just when you think america is in the tank 2000 firefighters show up and get after it.I'm proud of every one of them,and thankful beyond words.A constant cycle of helicopters is going right over us and in a couple mins they return,then back again.still dont see the tankers,bummer but it is hard to see.Maybe they are there.We really do live in a wonderful country with amazing young folks willing to do the right thing.We are making sammies and icing bottled water to drop off at their camp,at the high school.

thanks gang for support,I'm worried but feeling kind of ok with it.I will do what I can then run like hell.no way I put ladyfoot or myself in bad spot.we are ready.I'll let ya know how it works out.power off twice today but obviously on now.have my generator at the ready and all cords run.

not opposed to a prayor from those so inclined.not for me,I'll be fine,but for many of my neighbors who could be in real trouble if it dont go our way.they are not folks with many options.

thanks

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BF... hope it all works out...
and I am thinking about you and your family and hope you and your property are unharmed by this.

Last edited:

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
update...critters,"down the hill"thanks to my lil bro.love that guy.Daughter gone to family in safe place.My wife and I are staying.we have 50 gals of thermo gel and a ripping pump and gun for it.we will wait till last minute,cover our home and things then bail.We have full face nosh 95 respirators and already need em off and on.

Just when you think america is in the tank 2000 firefighters show up and get after it.I'm proud of every one of them,and thankful beyond words.A constant cycle of helicopters is going right over us and in a couple mins they return,then back again.still dont see the tankers,bummer but it is hard to see.Maybe they are there.We really do live in a wonderful country with amazing young folks willing to do the right thing.We are making sammies and icing bottled water to drop off at their camp,at the high school.

thanks gang for support,I'm worried but feeling kind of ok with it.I will do what I can then run like hell.no way I put ladyfoot or myself in bad spot.we are ready.I'll let ya know how it works out.power off twice today but obviously on now.have my generator at the ready and all cords run.

not opposed to a prayor from those so inclined.not for me,I'll be fine,but for many of my neighbors who could be in real trouble if it dont go our way.they are not folks with many options.

thanks

My family and I are definitely praying for you and yours. Have faith. I know you will be ok and I believe your house will make it. Call it a hunch. Please let us know how things turned out.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Bigfoot, you live in such a beautiful place, to see it destroyed by fire is sad. I've seen it here also. The people with drones seem like the (deleted) that zap lasers at pilots.
First the fire then the floods. I've never seen America like this and I'm long in the tooth.
Good will to you bigfoot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sod Buster

Jun 14, 2014
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, White's Bullseye TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck, and I wish I could send you some of the rain we've been having. You and yours will be in our thoughts.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Fires are never good and when homes are involved it gets down right scary. The thermo gel is an interesting product, never heard about it before now it has my serious interest in home protection. Best of luck to you and your family Bigfoot hope they get your area under control.

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Prayers to you and your'n, BF.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Bigfoot,

I hope you situation passes without incident. Good Luck and be safe!

Regards,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread