friggin drone

DiggerGal

Oct 12, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got you and your family along with the critters wrapped up in prayer. Be safe and be wise. Those great firefighters will battle everything to save your home.
I hope the drone melts and you find it in a melted pile of plastic! You will win this one. No worries!

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hoping all is well! Stay safe, and pray the wind doesn't pick up.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Prayers said. Be safe.

Hope you guys find the idiot with the drone.

OP
OP
bigfoot1

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
update,,

thanks gang..it is nice to come here and decompress,kinda soothing.They must be steering it away from us.dont have the current info yet this a.m. but its less smokey and the choppers are flying a path like a mile east from yesterday.Clouds to the west yaaaaa!!!chance of rain by sun or mon.unfortunately lightning and winds too but we'll take it anyways.the evac.trigger point hasnt been reached or we would know it.they go door to door,not many of us this far east in the valley.

power on and it all just feels better.weedwhacked at least 200ft break around my prop last night and nothing left to do.gonna weed whack as many neighbors as I can today,I have plenty of help.my friends are just showing up on their own as they know how far east I am.we like our own force,its great.trimming dead out of trees too.place is looking great!!

I think we got this one !!gut feeling.thanks again gang.

Sod Buster

Jun 14, 2014
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, White's Bullseye TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keeping our fingers crossed for you.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They mentioned your drone incident on the CBS morning news.

Probably a friggen free-lance "reporter" trying for a scoop.

Stay safe!

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
For Pete's sake... go put on some asbestos boots and stomp that fire out with them big feet of yours...

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Praying for you Bigfoot1.
Y'all hang in there.
Sounds like a great community you got there.
Davers

Meadow

May 27, 2014
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have my prayers, dude. And, also - bail money if you get arrested for stomping on the drone idiot. :p

OP
OP
bigfoot1

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thanks gang..prayors working.they held it at heartbreak ridge,due south.those firefighters are studs,its been over 80 and there working 8000 to9000ft elev.its tough terrain,thick with rattlers and they held the ridge between me and the fire.They fought it all night.We are covered in ash but no spot fires...whew.All is looking sooo much better for now.I have a 1 1/2 mile buffer I am told.I'll take it.its at 30k acres this a.m.2100 fighters,18 choppers,8 dozers,118 trucks/hand crews,4 air tankers including the massive airliner one and a ton of support personel.feelin groovy !!

cheers gang and again thanks !!!
pat

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am glad to see that it sounds like you are in the clear...
Hope it stays that way...

NOW...
Well if the fire is "at bay"...

Then sounds like it may be near time for the
marshmallows... graham crackers and some milk chocolate. (I was fighting the spell correct with the word "marsemEllows" ... heh) ITS E not A... in my book.

Maybe even grab a stick and some hot dogs ?

OP
OP
bigfoot1

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
its all good.Im exahusted.Im done.they steerd it away from me and my neighbors.I'm gonna sleep...alot..thx gang I'm out.

Sod Buster

Jun 14, 2014
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, White's Bullseye TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its all good.Im exahusted.Im done.they steerd it away from me and my neighbors.I'm gonna sleep...alot..thx gang I'm out.

Glad to hear it! Hopefully you can rest easy now.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Bigfoot1, thank you for your forresty service.

Screen Shot 2015-06-27 at 7.53.07 AM.png

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Buddy..... 1. I'm glad you, family and home are safe. 2. I truly wish I was closer to ya so I could help out in some way. 3. I truly wish I could sit on a porch with ya with my .22 mag and drone hunt.

OP
OP
bigfoot1

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
great progress overnight,now 40% contained,double yesterday.no smoke here or ash.Clean air,missed it.I think we are all out of the woods on this one up here.gonna bbq for all my buddies who helped us out.a couple still here and sleeping,they went almost 30 straight hours prepping this area.Below is link to our local website,you can even hear the live scanner for those interested.these photos are from that site.cy is ok with sharing his photos.
I'm not really ready to climb the ridge and see whats left,but I guess I will soon.thanks for kind words and prayors gang it was a kind of pressure relief to share the event.
Socalmountains.com: Forum

http://bigbearscanner.com/source2/player.html
1434744816_22_FT0_lake_fire3_small_.jpg ... 1434744816_22_FT0_lake_fire7_small_.jpg ... 1434744816_22_FT0_lake_fire8_small_.jpg ... 1434766613_22_FT208186_lake_fire_24_small_.jpg ... 1434916628_2_FT208186_dc10_.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread