From Punishment To Keydate Find: Coinstar + Bonus!

Pepperlizard

Jun 17, 2012
Valhalla
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So this morning before I left for the beach I ate the last 3 peaches that were in the fruit bowl in my grandmother's kitchen, not really thinking anything of it. After getting to the beach to have several people approach me to inform me that 3 other metal detectors had just left and driving home having found only a 1999 quarter and a bottle cap I was pretty bummed. Well, when I got home my grandmother approached me to inform me that by eating the last of her peaches I had made a mistake - you need to understand that my warm, loving, and inviting grandmother NEVER gets mad... and she made it very clear to me that by eating those peaches I had committed a crime that can only rival the forthcoming of the apocalypse. So off to the local store to get more peaches I went.

When I walked into the store I did the first thing that I always do when I get there, I check the Coinstar Reject bin, and low and behold I found 1943 steel wartime penny that is pretty dirty but looks to be in really good shape, my best coin find yet by any means. So now filled with joy I grabbed the fruits and headed to check out, and to my amazement I got yet another wheaty in my change, a very good condition 1950 D penny. So even with the bust day at the beach I still was able to haul home some keepers today :hello2:

img0925pl.jpg

img0926ad.jpg

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you had not eaten the peaches you would not have found the wheats.

Wldbil

Bronze Member
May 10, 2010
Claremore OK
Detector(s) used
White's XLT/ Garrett AT Pro/ Ace 250
Never argue with a grandmother... Good thing she sent you on the mission for more peaches

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool. Don't often see wheaties in change. Daughter works at D Donuts and brought me home a 1934 wheat today.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread