From the Hillside Honey Hole on "Lees Place."

LEOJ

Jun 20, 2006
Logan County, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Exp. II
From the Hillside Honey Hole on "Lee's Place."

Well, Storm and I have the hard part behind us. We sat down with the owner of a pretty good sized chunk of private property on Thusday and gained his permission to respectfully detect the property. It's basically an entire older community.

It's out in the middle of no where and from what we can gather, it's hay days where from 1904 up through the late 1940's... O.K. it's not ancient but it's not bad for our area...

It's still being used today and after five hours of hunting yesterday, I was amazed at how little modern trash there was. When I say "modern trash" I'm including clad as well...I absolutely hate digging clad. I told Storm just the other day that if I want a bunch of clad, I'll take some dollar bills to the store and ask them to give me change.

Anyway I got a kick out of seeing Storms excitement and enthusiasm after digging his first two silver halves. That's right! I watched him dig two in about and hour and a half. After he pulled his second one, I jokingly told him to just go sit in the car and wait for me to get done.

Here's some pics from Honey Hole #1. The copper is absolutely trashed.
Oldest coin yesterday, an 1897 IH...The old bullet, looks to me like it made a very sudden stop...

Joel

Attachments

• HONEYHOLE1.JPG
    HONEYHOLE1.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 867
  • HONEYHOLE2.JPG
    HONEYHOLE2.JPG
    13.9 KB · Views: 825
  • HONEYHOLE 3.JPG
    HONEYHOLE 3.JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 852
Upvote 0

Charles (Upstate NY)

Jun 5, 2006
USA
Detector(s) used
ML Explorer
Re: From the Hillside Honey Hole on "Lee's Place."

Wife isn't happy but then again when is she ever when it comes to detecting and equipment?

When you dig one of these up she'll sing a different tune.

drc1.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread