Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all. It's been a while since I posted. It's been super busy. A few months ago, our family spent some time at our cottage, which gave us some opportunities to detect at some unexplored sites. One park turned up something I thought was pretty cool. It's dated 1883 (pat?) and has "Womans' Corps" on it. One of the words I can't read. Also picked up some other stuff in nearby areas, including a corroded yet highly detailed 1865 IH (my 3rd IH dated 1865).

septD.jpg

septC.jpg

septG.jpg

Then I finally got to take another stab at the Iceberg recently with Mirage and Dan. I only managed one silver but the good stuff is really thinning out (even though Dan had a much better take that day). At least, for the main areas. One of the wheats is a 1909, no VDB. Also got a dime-sized tag that reads "Walt 4-4-59."

septF.jpg

1909 Wheat and 4-4-59 tag
septE.jpg

That pretty much does it for now, thanks for looking all and HH! 8)

Upvote 0

ivy_walls

Sep 1, 2006
Mishawaka Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE & Garrett Ace 250
Awesome finds at that 'berg, wish I could find a place that produces like that one has for you guys !!!!

way to go !!

Mark

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
That's really cool. Sounds like your family had a great outing and you got in some nice digs. Sorry the IH is so corroded. All of the ones I find are very corroded, and agreed about the detail in yours. Mine are corroded, and they don't have the detail that one did. Kinda strange eh?

That Berg might be thinning out a bit for you guys, but man did that place ever produce. Since last year I have been seeing the great finds coming out of that place. IT certainly did you all right. Fantastic finds all the way around. And really cool marbles as well. That place has really pumped out some beautiful marbles in its time too.

Great huntin

Postalrevnant

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2
Cool diggin' Nate. Love the indian,Ive had some decent luck throwing them in olive oil,in a little jar for months at a time. Great pics as usual,sweet token and of course some marbles,HH...Shoot

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Great post and some really good finds. Keep em coming!

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nate,
Great finds and pictures. I thought you had traded in the hobby of MDing for the ladies instead. :D
Congrats. Those marbles look old too.
-MM-

OP
OP
Nate in Ohio

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest: