full time small scale miner, endangered species ?

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
camoga, pardon me but your sample shows no mineralization or indication of gold. Crushing bull quartz
would be a waste of your time. And the use of M an added liability not only to you but those around you.
Get some reference material on identifying gold and it's properties before spending bucks on grinding up
worthless common quartz. Wish you luck in finding a vein.

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
One of the reasons we are becoming an endangered species is the sheer lack of equipment for the scale we work on. We don't move hundreds of thousands of tons of material a day so we are either stuck modifying existing equipment or we move it all by hand. Not many people want to work that hard.

We found a nice size pocket of cerargyrite a while ago and have been trying to develop it for quite awhile now. All the permits will (hopefully) be in place soon. But we are still hampered by the lack of equipment to move it. So we are stuck modifying a small skid steer or a mini track loader for electrical operation to be used underground. We are leaning towards the skid steer modified with electrical forklift parts.

And being laid up with a distal tendon tear doesn't help much either.

OP
OP
G

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
One of the reasons we are becoming an endangered species is the sheer lack of equipment for the scale we work on. We don't move hundreds of thousands of tons of material a day so we are either stuck modifying existing equipment or we move it all by hand. Not many people want to work that hard.

We found a nice size pocket of cerargyrite a while ago and have been trying to develop it for quite awhile now. All the permits will (hopefully) be in place soon. But we are still hampered by the lack of equipment to move it. So we are stuck modifying a small skid steer or a mini track loader for electrical operation to be used underground. We are leaning towards the skid steer modified with electrical forklift parts.

And being laid up with a distal tendon tear doesn't help much either.

that's why we only hit small vein systems they are more manageable with hand tools, less material to move.
no permit needed.

that silver ore can really be rich !!!

good luck.................

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just saw this post and figured I'd throw in my experiences....After two years of trying to make wage from gold prospecting I come to realize that their are fewer and fewer actual GOLD PROSPECTORS!! I don't have a dang clue on the newest carpets, sluice boxes and what ever thingamajigg is the newest or hippest...I may not be rich (untill I do find MY pocket) but I never get skunked..I never pull less then 40 bucks a day and my highest payday to date was around 750..But I take my notes from the miners and prospectors of old!! I pay no mind to much anything else..A Hammer some spoons and a couple chisels and truth is if it wern't for the laws and beining taxed to death by a worthless Goverment I would have the perfect life...But the more gold I get the more TEXTS Weiner gets to send Right!!Or Maybe I can help the Mayor of San diego get therapy for sex crimes!!!

Dustedyou

Dec 27, 2012
Albuquerque
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug, Treasure finder. Gold Cube, Chisel, Hammer, Eye Loop.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
have hammer... have chisel, find map,, take a walk into the outback and settle in for a HARD rock Pounding, that'll make your great grandmothers back ache. << I'm going to have to have the plate in my neck taken out because somehow its pulled the screws in the bone out and is now sticking me in the throat! Hard rock mining is not for the weak?? lmao but seriously get some good maps and go for a hike with a 2lb sledge and chisel..best way ive experienced finding a great place to dig!

shaggy21

May 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a good place to dig but it's my secret where it is

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread