Fun at a Tot Lot and "Hunted Out" field

Jcostin

Aug 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took my wife with me for a few hours this afternoon. After digging trans and $0.21...I took her to a local park where I was sure there would be plenty of good targets. When we got there, she decided she wanted to sit in the truck and read on her Kindle :BangHead: After a few hours, she got bored...I mean her Kindle's battery died. We returned home and I offered to take her somewhere else, but she was content to stay home this time. I went back to the hunted out encampment just to kill the rest of the afternoon/evening. Well, a few nails into my walk, I decided to look over at the edge of the cornfield that received the least amount of sunlight...I could tell because the weeds weren't growing like they were everywhere else. First hole was a nail or something like it...second hole was a sweet roundball! First one for me. I can't tell it it was fired or just really beat up in the ground. It looks like a disk blade hit it at some time. I'm off next week so I'm heading back tomorrow to search the woods around the field.:walk: $2.96 in clad...oldest coin was a 61 penny followed by 64....nickle (dang it) and a 66 quarter.
ball.jpg clad.jpg

Upvote 1

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not bad digs there, I hit 5 1964 and 2 61, and wheat I cant yet read in two holes today, yet no silver. HH!

arrowhead82

Dec 12, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
congrads on the round ball!
HH

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. You didnt mentin what the wife said when you got back home.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread