Fun day today.

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Went into the city for lunch and decided to hit some of the banks I hadn't been to in weeks. Aside from getting $120 of someones "dumped" halves, I managed to score 5 very nice 1968's and a
1982-D 90% George Washington commemorative half from a teller's tray. That too, was in excellent shape. Then got 61 Ikes from another bank of which many were uncirculated. The teller told me someone had just brought them in yesterday. Then stopped at a MacDonalds for my usual "senior citizen" coffee and headed home. When I got home and emptied the change out of my pocket, I noticed that I got a 2010-P dime, "TWO" wheat cents (1944 and 1950-D) and a 1995 South African coin (20c...looks like a lincoln cent...same size etc.) all from the change for my coffee at MacDonalds. I'd love to know the chances of that happening....."TWO" wheat cents in a row from change. Maybe the whole roll in their change machine was wheats. Who knows! Just thought I'd share this with you
all. It was a fun day.
rileyboy

Upvote 0

gold eye

Jan 2, 2010
tampa fl
Detector(s) used
garret masterhunter 7x ace 250
Sounds like you had a great day and sone nice finds . happy hunting RON

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rileyboy,
I think that your positive attitude always affords you silver! It's in your numbers! lol.

apush :read2:

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Nice score on that Washington. Nice looking coin. I got one last year in a box but it was all beat up.
McDonalds and Coffee & Donut shops can be better on road trips than banks.
HH
Rich

OP
OP
R

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Thanks Ron, Apush and Rich, for your responses. I don't usually post too much unless it's exceptional.
I just couldn't get over receiving two wheat cents and a 2010-P dime from change at MacDonalds. BTW, I gave the 61 Ikes to my car mechanic at face value. He collects coins and always takes car of me when I bring my car in for service. He loved them.
Happy hunting,
rileyboy

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. And being able to dump on your machanic and him enjoying it is even better!

OP
OP
R

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Now..Now Agcoinhunter, Most of them were really nice uncirculated with almost all dates. Must have been saved by someone from the time they got them new.

Kauka

Apr 22, 2010
agreed
a very nice day
must've been fun to carry the ikes
nothing like having good-sized coinage
hh

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions