The Windbreaker

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Next week I turn 57,and although I don't feel it,I had a moment of weakness today which made me realize just how old I am.
I went to the bank this morning after having a healthy high fiber breakfast. I chat for a moment in the vault with the teller, pick up four of my eight boxes of halves, take two steps,with the teller right behind me, and out slipped an embarrasing and loud noise. Probably due to the weight of the boxes.
Being a quick thinker, I stop, turn and ask the teller if she heard that noise? Before she had a chance to respond I said,"my boots are squeeking, time to get them re-soled". I don't think she believed me because she appeared to be biting her cheeks,supressing a laugh.
Being a polite, and distinguished type of gentleman, I was mortified. :dontknow:
HH
Rich

Upvote 0

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL.

4 boxes equals 100 lbs. Very impressive! How much is your body weight?

I am glad that I can still do 50% of my body weight.

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice! You can still do more than 50% of your body weight :icon_thumright:

Those high fiber cereals are very gasy but healthy, especially those with many enriched vitamins/minerals. Love your quick-thinking excuse. I think I will use that next time when someone is behind me.

JD-GA

Feb 2, 2010
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Too funny Rich. A few weeks ago i took my 3 year old daughter to the grocery store. And in actuality a guy in that isle about 3 foot from my daughter had a squeaky shoe. Im mean quiter literally it was his shoe on the grocery store floor without a doubt. My daughter looked right up at him and without hesitation asked him if he needed to wipe.

Dont have to have one slip to be embaressed lol.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rich, that was the funniest story I have heard in a while. Hey man we are all getting old and with age these things happen more often. I read your story to my wife and she howled with laughter. Keep your head up and keep mining that silver.

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Loved it Rich. Bet when you go back next week for your boxes she will have a surgical mask ready and a fan in the vault!
rileyboy

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
LOL. Oh your gross Rich. Ha. Well at least everything came out alright in the end... I mean...at least the lady didn't gag and make a scene in front of everyone.

So you must humor me. A quick joke if you will. So what does a 57 year old man carrying 4 boxes of half dollars smell like?

The Answer: "Depends" :laughing7: :dontknow:

Have a good one Rich.

Golden Silver

OP
OP
Rich Hartford

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
golden silver said:
LOL. Oh your gross Rich. Ha. Well at least everything came out alright in the end... I mean...at least the lady didn't gag and make a scene in front of everyone.

So you must humor me. A quick joke if you will. So what does a 57 year old man carrying 4 boxes of half dollars smell like?

The Answer: "Depends" :laughing7: :dontknow:

Have a good one Rich.

Golden Silver

:laughing9: :laughing9:

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay Mr. Hartford,

I am a southern lady, but gosh, I had to laugh ! :) SMILE :laughing9:. I will be 50 this summer and well, darn, things just aint' what they used to be. LOL.

I still like to think I am what we call down south " a head-turner," but gosh all-mighty, age is catching up!

Perhaps a bit more silver (not in the hair--as I have mine colored--or streaked as the young folks say) is in our future. I am sure rileyboy understands my meaning. ;D

apush (LOL) :read2:

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
So Apush are you saying that is where your screen name originates from?? Just kiddin' wit ya.

golden silver

OP
OP
Rich Hartford

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
dave5710 said:
Ever thought about getting a two wheel hand truck? Might be less strain.

You kidding ! I'm not that old. I could carry all 8 if my neck were longer and I could see where I was going :laughing7:
HH
Rich

Hi Ho Silver!

Jan 31, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Well if you carry 4 boxes at once you soon will have problems. That is a good way to injure yourself. Even though 100 lbs is not that much it is way too much to carry taht way. I thought your looked bent over.

rwb83

Mar 31, 2010
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Looking to buy!!!
Well if you weren't so refined you could of just said "I smell a skunk!!!"

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Was in a conversation once with a fella who was running for State Rep when one slipped and it was as though was sitting in a wooden sKool desk- he jumped and lost his train of thought too, I did not vote for him anyway!

As for carrying Boxes routimely order 6 (I weigh 194lbs ,6'2" tall, 47 years old), and put 3 in each duffel Bag and carry them out in one trip.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread