Fun with G.E.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't really know if it is or not, Homar.
If I did, I could probably show you the gold as well. At least while it was still in the rock...inside the mine or in the cache.
That way there would be no doubt.
But I haven't spent a lot of time in that area as yet. I'd rather work with what others have melted down and poured somewhere else.
It's a whole lot more interesting than breaking rocks.
Fixed the sombrero photo in my last post btw.....
Pretty sure I've got one of my own somewhere in this computer. And a couple of a cache out there too. But that one was easier to find for now.

Regards:Wayne

lgadbois

Mar 20, 2003
Many pictures, many maps, and many different destinations. It seems to be a big kettle of stew!
attachment.php

This view is looking South from Squaw Box toward the North end of Bluff Springs Mountain. In my opinion, this view does not look like the Waltz doodle.

attachment.php

I think Joe is correct. This view is looking across the saddle on the mountain due West of Weaver's Needle.

lgadbois

Mar 20, 2003
The photo taken by David Leach does not look like the Waltz doodle. The lower hump on the Needle is on the wrong side when viewed from the East. The Perfil Mapa could be described as a gunsight view. This mine is due East of the Needle. Both LaBarge Upper Box and the next canyon North have "V" shaped sides. Another mine was found just East of there by Danny Adams on what he calls Mountain 3487. The corral just to the North of this mine was a favorite painting location for Ted Degrazia.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ladies :laughing7: :notworthy: Gentlemen, coffee?? Regarding Google Earth, I defy you to recognize Tayopa with it. Only if you are familiar with every rock and arroyo can you recognize it. It generally takes me a few minutes to home back on it, and I have spent lot's time there on foot.

There is a tremendous difference between Google Earth and quality aerial photography. There isn't a lot of the Supers that doesn't have quality photographs available, many free.

In addition aerial Photography will give you an effective 3D image with the stereo viewer - some have even trained themselves to see this 3D effect on adjacent photos without a viewer..

Don't rely upon Google Earth too much, while a marvelous tool it does have it's limits. I certainly wish that I had had it when I started out, but then the Wright's contraption still hadn't ironed out the problems of effective control yet, let alone used for aerial Photography...

Don Jose de La Mancha.

Last edited:

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have recommended for years to always find the highest point and map out a site. Pictures help to. Google earth and Topos only work once you already have the coords LOL. But you can find some monuments with GE. I also look for certain topography and formations. John you hunt a lot like I do. Since I only find ore in raw form I can say there is a big difference in fired metal and raw ore.

Last edited:

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This all I know for now.
Not very much, but it is not cost efficient.
It would cost more than what it is worth.
Gold can currently be manufactured in a nuclear reactor by irradiation either of platinum or mercury.
Had to look it up on the net. Have to look up isotope thingy now.

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
learn about isotope radiation from man made oro and existant oro, non man made

Can you point us to information we can read about radiation given off by man made and naturally existing gold? As I understand it, naturally occurring gold does not emit any radiation at all. The other isotopes of gold are completely man made and most have very short half lives.

How does this relate to finding gold ore deposits?

Thanks

Last edited:

lgadbois

Mar 20, 2003
give you a tip:

another hint: learn about isotope radiation from man made oro and existant oro, non man made

you figure those two out and I'll drop a bomb on ya how it all ties in together with g.e., the stones, and hiking and photographing the supes, etc

hmmm......

[h=2]Isotopes of gold
Gold is monoisotopic consisting completely of 197Au. However there are a number of radioisotopes, some of which are listed. The gold isotope 198Au is used for treating cancer and other conditions. In the form of a gold colloid, 198Au has a diagnostic use for liver imaging and a therapeutic use in treatment of widespread abdominal carcinomatosis with ascites; carcinomatosis of pleura with effusion; lymphomas; interstitially in metastatic tumour. While there is a certain risk from the β-decay of 198Au the calculation is that the benefits outweight the risks. Additional information.[/h][h=3]Naturally occurring isotopes[/h]
IsotopeAtomic mass (ma/u)Natural abundance (atom %)Nuclear spin (I)Magnetic moment (μ/μN)
197Au196.966543 (4)1003/20.148159

This table shows information about naturally occuring isotopes , their atomic masses , their natural abundances , their nuclear spins , and their magnetic moments . Further data for radioisotopes (radioactive isotopes) of gold are listed (including any which occur naturally) below.
Au.gif

In the above picture, the most intense ion is set to 100% since this corresponds best to the output from a mass spectrometer. This is not to be confused with the relative percentage isotope abundances which total 100% for all the naturally occurring isotopes.
[h=3]Radiosotope data[/h]
IsotopeMassHalf-lifeMode of decayNuclear spinNuclear magnetic moment
194Au193.965341.64 dEC to 194Pt10.075
195Au194.965017186.12 dEC to 195Pt3/20.149
196Au196.9665516.18 dEC to 196Pt; β- to196Hg20.591
198Au197.9682252.694 dβ- to 198Hg20.5934
199Au198.9687483.14 dβ- to 199Hg3/20.2715

Further data for naturally occuring isotopes of gold are listed above. This table gives information about some radiosotopes of gold, their masses , their half-lives , their modes of decay , their nuclear spins , and their nuclear magnetic moments .

So, now I want the "bomb" that tells us why that is important, J.A.

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
For another thing Gold is used in Atomic Bombs. look that up on the web.
Maybe a reason why all gold was confiscated, outlawed, and mines shut down. Around WWII right?
Because we where building a nuke, and nobody wanted any raw materials laying around.

Last edited:

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Went to Kellyco.com, the metal detector site right, could not find anything.

lgadbois

Mar 20, 2003
JA,
If you are saying that you can detect gold isotopes with a scintillation detector, you have been mislead!

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure why JA didn't just post a link, but I assume this is what he is referring to:

OKM Bionic X4 - Long Range Gold Metal Detector For Sale - Kellyco Metal Detectors

I've never seen anything from a VALID scientific standpoint to explain how long range locators work, and the question that always comes to my mind when I see these things advertised is...

If you can manufacture a device that locates buried gold deposits, gold treasures, etc... what would prompt you to build more of them and sell them? Surely you could make FAR MORE $$ just using it to locate gold yourself no?

That said, if you think it works for you, go for it.

Last edited:

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never understand why folks wont let others be. I don't place a scientific view on anything. Pretty sure we are lied to by science for our own safety every day. Just ask a California dredger. There is some very successful folks who use or build Lrl. Don't be left out of the conversation because you own a at pro.....LOL. it all works just depends on the operator. Having some hands on working with lasers Ja's comments makes perfect sense. But I have found few who could understand how or why we would use charged ions outside a lab. I understand the world is flat and the universe evolves around you LOL. I think Ja is doing great.

lgadbois

Mar 20, 2003
John, you were the one that brought up the XKM Bionic X4, which is a LRL.

Your posts on this forum are not helpful. You want to attract attention. It's a lot of this type of "I know something you don't know. I can prove it (but you never do.)" Anyone can take blurry pictures that are totally useless and post them to a forum. This forum was started for the purpose of discussing the use of Google Earth, and the fact that satellite views do not look the same as "boots on the ground." If you have something to contribute to a forum then do it.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Many pictures, many maps, and many different destinations. It seems to be a big kettle of stew!
attachment.php

This view is looking South from Squaw Box toward the North end of Bluff Springs Mountain. In my opinion, this view does not look like the Waltz doodle.

attachment.php

I think Joe is correct. This view is looking across the saddle on the mountain due West of Weaver's Needle.

igadbois,

There must be millions of "matches" in the Supe's. Keep in mind that Waltz may have visited that area many years before he drew that view......assuming he did it at all. He may have been close to death as well, which may have thrown out perfect accuracy.

I like my picture for a number of reasons.

Take care,

Joe

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John, you were the one that brought up the XKM Bionic X4, which is a LRL.

Your posts on this forum are not helpful. You want to attract attention. It's a lot of this type of "I know something you don't know. I can prove it (but you never do.)" Anyone can take blurry pictures that are totally useless and post them to a forum. This forum was started for the purpose of discussing the use of Google Earth, and the fact that satellite views do not look the same as "boots on the ground." If you have something to contribute to a forum then do it.

Igad - to be fair, JA only suggested going to Kellyco.com and looking up ionic and bionic radiation. I went to Kellyco.com, typed those terms individually into the search function for the site and came up with links to only 2 things - the OKM Bionic 01 and the OKM Bionic X4 - both LRL's. I posted the link to the Bionic X4 and hoped JA would provide some more insight to exactly what he was trying to discuss. I assumed that since he didn't correct me that I had found the correct information on Kellyco.com that he wanted us to all read. If I was wrong, he should have corrected me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread