Fun with the group today

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Had fun Bob, even though coinage eluded me at the site. Got the iron, the bone and the bottle, hope you enjoy that old beer bottle! That shed I found must have come from one tiny deer. I'm hoping to get that old iron adz mounted on a proper handle.

Good seeing all you guys, Dan, good deal and thanks! Mayo and I did make the most of them later at another site.

Hey Neil, Bob, we hit West Park. I got a '56 wheatie there, after working the front scrape. Did you know it was an old homesite also? The front-most scrape first gave me an old suspender clip, a couple square nails and then I noticed a liner form a mason jar. Working the dirt I got a good solid signal and at the bottom of the scrape pulled a nice large copper disk out. Got it soaking now.

We hit an old site in Elgin also on the way home and got some old whatsits, Mayo scored a couple keepers too!

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1st Thanks for the bottle.....
Good to see you again...
I love that iron you found.....talk about old.....
I hit the park but you guys must have left...a few mems thats it....I saw part of a mason jar lid too....

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Sorry you didn't hit silver today! I'm glad you got a chance to hit West Park, though. I remember going there as a little kid. I think I losted a '56 wheatie there once... :)

I didn't know about the WP homesite, but I hope you have an oldie LC! Thanks for the lesson on reading old homesite remains. That was interesting! :thumbsup:

d-dub

Apr 15, 2009
Chicago, Il
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Minelab Excal II
Your welcome, Tim. Great seeing you again today. I got your change.

litefire56

Bronze Member
May 14, 2008
Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX -10x12 SEF, 300mm, 10"DD, 6x10DD, Sunray DX-1
Lowbatts said:
Working the dirt I got a good solid signal and at the bottom of the scrape pulled a nice large copper disk out. Got it soaking now.

How long ya gonna keep us in suspense Tim? Did you forget about it soaking?
Hope it's a Largie Bud! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Lowbatts

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
litefire56 said:
Lowbatts said:
Working the dirt I got a good solid signal and at the bottom of the scrape pulled a nice large copper disk out. Got it soaking now.

How long ya gonna keep us in suspense Tim? Did you forget about it soaking?
Hope it's a Largie Bud! :thumbsup:

Sorry, my bad, got a beautiful large copper knockout from some utility work of days gone by or something like that. Also got this super fugly cocktail ring yesterday! Sometimes ya just wish it had been a Jefferson nickel instead....

Attachments

• fuglyring.jpg
    fuglyring.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 138

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that's a cool ring. . . 1950-ish?

BTW. . . that Classic Head LC Neil found this summer looked like a smoothie too. . . until he saw a star and part of a profile. Have you checked the diameter?

OP
OP
Lowbatts

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
watercolor said:
I think that's a cool ring. . . 1950-ish?

BTW. . . that Classic Head LC Neil found this summer looked like a smoothie too. . . until he saw a star and part of a profile. Have you checked the diameter?

Nope Mark, it's something utilitarian other than money in this case....

The ring has no marks on it, was near the river (Fox) down about two inches not far from where Mayo got a couple nice IH's a little later.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread