Funniest thing you use your pin pointer for

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
I think a doctor left a staple in me after surgery. Pointer didn't pick it up. Probably not made of metal.

Adrian D

Aug 21, 2013
Detector(s) used
minelab x-terra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like to use mine to find wires in the wall :)

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last year I was at a gas station for some grub and chug and I was dirty and still suited up for digging. Anyway, the attendant was an older gal who knew me and my brother, as we go there all the time and she started to ask me about the pinpointer on my side. I gladly gave her the rundown on it using the change in my hand. Then she got really excited and said hey...I have metal pins in my hip, can we see if it can detect them? I said sure. The other attendant didn't know what to think lol. So she went around from the register and walked up to me...I turned the pointer on and ran it over her side...sure enough the pointer went off. It was funny and a little disturbing at the same time.

tokameel

May 20, 2012
Mequon, Wi
Detector(s) used
In 1974- White.
Now a Garrett Ace 250.
8/30/12 using a Zircon m40 Stud Finder as a hand held pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
Other

americanzero

Oct 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think a doctor left a staple in me after surgery. Pointer didn't pick it up. Probably not made of metal.

odds are you do not have to worry about that. staples are generally only used on skin, for internal stuff they use dissoluble stitches.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
odds are you do not have to worry about that. staples are generally only used on skin, for internal stuff they use dissoluble stitches.

It is on the skin! It pinches when I press on th spot. I cam always go back to the Dr. but probly wont.

ironman

Aug 16, 2012
The Woodlands,Texas
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well... it wasn't my pinpointer... but I have a kind of funny thing that I used my detector for :) My girlfriend and I suspected that her younger sister had her nipple pierced... but she hadn't told anybody about it. I told her to hold still when we were out in their yard, and ran to the car to get my machine. She was obviously confused when I walked up pointing my coil at her and then BEEEEEEEP! My girlfriend yelled, "I KNEW IT!" The look on her sisters face was priceless... a mix of confusion and embarrassment... but in the end we all had a good laugh.

This made my day

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread