G2 does it again

BERT

Jun 23, 2008
Detector(s) used
Etrac--G2--GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys----Just thought I'd make my little contribution to our new forum here.----My wife & I each got the G2's & have been hunting REALLY heavy iron sites--with just amazing results in the midst of all that iron.----I guess one thing that hasn't been hit on here is how easy (much of a snap) it is to gb the G2.---Just find a clean piece of ground, put it in am, pump the coil a few times & the #'s line up immediately--switch back to disc & you're good to go--piece of cake!----Set the disc where you want it, the sens. can be set high & it is still SOOO smooth/quiet.--The seperation on this thing is just fantastic--I'm still "blown away" by it!---#'s have been locking on quite well also.----So far, we have used them in mostly ferrous trash (older sites) but are going to be hunting with them in non-ferrous junk areas also (for coins).----Should work out well in that hunt environment also.-----Anybody been doing much hunting with the G2 in those conditions (parks, etc.)?--------BERT

TabWhisperer

Mar 17, 2010
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
TDI SL, Equinox800, Whites XL Pro w/tone mod, Makro Racer, Whites IDX Pro w/Bills mods
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BERT said:
Hi guys----Just thought I'd make my little contribution to our new forum here.----My wife & I each got the G2's & have been hunting REALLY heavy iron sites--with just amazing results in the midst of all that iron.----I guess one thing that hasn't been hit on here is how easy (much of a snap) it is to gb the G2.---Just find a clean piece of ground, put it in am, pump the coil a few times & the #'s line up immediately--switch back to disc & you're good to go--piece of cake!----Set the disc where you want it, the sens. can be set high & it is still SOOO smooth/quiet.--The seperation on this thing is just fantastic--I'm still "blown away" by it!---#'s have been locking on quite well also.----So far, we have used them in mostly ferrous trash (older sites) but are going to be hunting with them in non-ferrous junk areas also (for coins).----Should work out well in that hunt environment also.-----Anybody been doing much hunting with the G2 in those conditions (parks, etc.)?--------BERT
I have been using a Gold Bug Pro (G2 cousin) in parks and soccer fields. For some reason when I'm in Denver my Omega goes nuts with EMI. Outside of Denver it's no problem. In the high EMI conditions I fall back to the GBP and it is just like you said, quiet. It locks on to coins real hard. No notch filter for trash. The beer caps may drive you a little nuts until you figure them out. Drag the coil toe or heel over the target and if it's a cap it will generally give you an iron tone. I'm still getting used to mine in the limited time we get during the winter and have only run disc mode. I want to try out the all metal mode as others have suggested.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Gold Bug Pro and the G2 are amazing machines in trash. Best I have seen.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread