Garda

sheepdog_tx

Aug 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is Garda that people talk about? I've been CRH for about 2-3 months and don't know what Garda is.

They are one of the armored car companies that make machine rolls. From what I understand they are the cutrate national brand before you drop off to mom & pop operations. Above them in Loomis and Fargo and then to Brinks. However the higher end companies reportedly do cull so the small boys end to be better rolls. For example Brinks boxes are notoriously low output while Loomis I think its the average.

OP
OP
jkng

jkng

Sep 14, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
I think I understand.....not really
What armored car?

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is Garda that people talk about? I've been CRH for about 2-3 months and don't know what Garda is.

Its just another company that provides coins/cash services to banks. Just like Loomis, Brinks, or Dunbar. Google can tell you more.

OP
OP
jkng

jkng

Sep 14, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
ArkieBassMan said:
Its just another company that provides coins/cash services to banks. Just like Loomis, Brinks, or Dunbar. Google can tell you more.

Oh! It's a coin roll company! Right? Is NF String and Son one of them too?

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garda is Black and White, Red letter in PHX. Joseph, when you see one of thier trucks, walk up to it, and start pounding on the side of it, yelling, you Silver Culling Freaks!

sheepdog_tx

Aug 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh! It's a coin roll company! Right? Is NF String and Son one of them too?

String is the company that makes the roll and rollers IIRC. Several companies use them. I think Brinks uses clear rolls which even if they didnt cull would make it very easy for tellers to do so. Wells Fargo I believe is Brinks, BoA is Loomis and others, who knows on the rest.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
They are one of the armored car companies that make machine rolls. From what I understand they are the cutrate national brand before you drop off to mom & pop operations. Above them in Loomis and Fargo and then to Brinks. However the higher end companies reportedly do cull so the small boys end to be better rolls. For example Brinks boxes are notoriously low output while Loomis I think its the average.
What is this culling you speak of, and could you please provide a link, or proof?

sheepdog_tx

Aug 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is this culling you speak of, and could you please provide a link, or proof?

Culling as in pulling out of the desirables ie silver. As far as proof thats why i said "reportedly" as in thats is many see in thier boxes but no proof. I can tell you from when I used to work for Brinks at the branches that do coin they deposited them in canvas-ish bags the size of cares on frameworks and when coins were needed they scooped them out with mini electric bulldozer scoops when feed into coin counters so big you wouldnt want to get your hands near them. It was an impressive sight, seeing all those rolls shoot out.

Last edited:

Solid Rolls

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Also, I wish someone would invent this thing called a Google so you could type Garda into it and see what exactly Garda is.

Maybe someone will invent this Google thing soon.

OP
OP
jkng

jkng

Sep 14, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Solid Rolls said:
Also, I wish someone would invent this thing called a Google so you could type Garda into it and see what exactly Garda is.

Maybe someone will invent this Google thing soon.

Haha! I just wanted some "experts" opinions and thoughts!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread