Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is a frequency "shift". it is not a frequency change. It is a VERY small change to help combat EMI/interference. Usually helps but not always depending on what is causing it.

OP
OP
doggoneitdignit

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is a frequency "shift". it is not a frequency change. It is a VERY small change to help combat EMI/interference. Usually helps but not always depending on what is causing it.

Im going to take a shot at this what adjustable frequency means as to 'shift' to me.. it is a small change in frequency adjustments that don't affect object depth. The users selects F1 to F4 to offset the interference that the detector is sensing or picking up at it normal operating mode at 8KHz from another detector or overhead wire that is cause interference or cross talk. But the frequency shift function F1-F4 wondering if uses the Continuous-phase frequency-shift keying principle...?? Switching between Oscillations maybe..I was never good at physics.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frequency-shift_keying

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it is like the 400 the shift is not very functional at all. We had issues with it bothering the pin pointers and no change made would eliminate the interference.

OP
OP
doggoneitdignit

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Im going to take a guess at this as I have a Tesoro Vaquero at a frequency shift setting from 14.3, 14.5, and 14.7, so I imagine the ACE 300 and 400 has four settings that could be 8.1,8.3,8.5,and 8.7, OR 8.2,8.4,.8.6,and 8.8. likewise 10.1,10.3,10.5,and 10.7, OR 10.2,10.4,.10.6,and 10.8.

This could be on the higher side too I imagine from an average from that of a 3 to 4 frequency shift standpoint.

Also I have been reading some threads on this site that some have been getting deeper readings with F4, even though Garrett states this is more for interference and no ability in detecting deeper objects.

Last edited:

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
doggoneitdignit Also I have been reading some threads on this site that some have been getting deeper readings with F4 said:
There will always be those who "claim" to get all this extra depth with some magical adjustment, today it's a freq. tweek, another popular misbelief is offsetting the ground balance gets you an extra inch or two.

As you pointed out yourself Garrett doesn't say so.
wrong.jpg

OP
OP
doggoneitdignit

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There will always be those who "claim" to get all this extra depth with some magical adjustment, today it's a freq. tweek, another popular misbelief is offsetting the ground balance gets you an extra inch or two.

As you pointed out yourself Garrett doesn't say so.
View attachment 1387349

Thanks Rick! Glad someone else shares my beliefs on this.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread