garretss new probe..Is it worth the money...

Larsmed

Jan 10, 2007
Greencovesprings, Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sandshark, bh jr.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hello

I just want to put it out there for you guys who may be looking into buying the garrett probe .....

I have a centech pinpointer that I purchased from harborfrieght for only $15.00, instead of $150.00

that works just as good as the garretts..  I used it alongside my friend's garrets pinpointer..they both got the same results..

Personally I would just get a few centech from harborfreight.com or get the headhunter pro model...it works far better than any other probe out there

It seems that the probe costs so much that you would be better off getting another detector for that price or a headhunter probe. It is so good it could be used as a detector.

just my 2 cents

Larry

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Re: garretss new probe..not worth the money...

I have the new pro pointer from Garrett.I love it.If your friends pinpointer is only getting 1",he needs to send it in.Mine will detect 2-3".It cost $127 from dealer.It helps if you really know how to use one.Just my opinion,but I will keep mine happily.

T

The.Boomer

I use the Treasure Mate pinpointer with adjustable ground balance. Mine gets 4" on a quarter, 3 " on a dime. Sure comes in handy with trashy sites or way off target pinpointing machines. I can even scan an area without using my Big MD and look for coins 3" deep or less. ;D I think I paid like $129.95 a couple years ago.

Wicked Wanda

Feb 29, 2008
Apple Valley, CA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Ace 250 , & Pro Pointer

Got my Garrett pro-pointer about three weeks ago and I am having a blast with it. IMO if he is having a problem, like WSD said, send it in. Garret has excellent customer service.

Kinda made my boss upset for a moment, he is the inventor and owner of the Treasure Mate. I just do not have the patience for it, he has been working with me for almost 2 years and I get bored listening to him. I just want to turn it on and go.

999slvrfx

Nov 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/sunray probe,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I wouldn't leave the house without my pro pointer, it runs circles
around my bullseye II. I liked it so much I bought a second one
for a backup in case I would lose it. I think it is worth every dollar
I paid for it.

bushlight

Aug 24, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Ace 250 hanging on the wall,Whites mxt,garrett at pro that the girlfriend uses now
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I've had my garrett pinpointer for about a month now. This thing does a great job. Helped me alot in finding coins and stuff. Depth is about 2 1/2, 3 inchs with it. Was digging some quarters the other day. So i layed it on the ground beside me. And it started beepin so i looked to see if i layed it on something. Nothing on top of the ground so i started diggin. Then about 2 inchs down there was a wheat penny. I dont leave home without it anymore.

blklab

Jul 30, 2008
Overland Park, Kansas
Detector(s) used
White's DFX/Garrett Ace 250/Troy X2/DetectorPro Pistol Probe
I agree with WSD. Saw him use his garrett and it works fantastic. Easy to
use, good depth and nice size.

I have the new DetectorPro Pistol Probe. Very nice pointer. Different
animal. More money, larger size and more depth however.

Just another view.

UncleVinnys

Bronze Member
Dec 27, 2007
Hancock Street, Folsom, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
I just bought the Garrett's Pro-Pointer, and I have to tell ya . . .
It's hard to think ANYTHING could beat it!
Rugged, good distance, and cut my search time to a fraction
of what it used to be.

camperlee

Jan 8, 2008
belding, Michigan
Detector(s) used
whites XLT Garrett GTI 2500 Garrett ACE 250
I've had my Garrett pro-pointer for about a month now and really don't know how I got along without one and never go out without it :thumbsup: Garrett.

brokenarrow

Jan 20, 2009
San Antonio,Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well these other guys pretty much said it all......i never used a pin pointer up until two months ago and i dont know how i survived so long without it. my first choice was a Garrett and im glad i got it. no regrets.its simple,basic,well built,waterproof,comes with LED light and is backed by Charles Garrett himself. what more can you ask for. not only do you get a great pin pointer but you also get some real nice goodies with it. All for about $127.00. you cant beat that with a West Virginia Hickory stick!! :thumbsup:
Even the box it comes with is awesome......the box, go figure. Mr. Garrett thought of everything. :love4:

OP
OP
Larsmed

Larsmed

Jan 10, 2007
Greencovesprings, Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sandshark, bh jr.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
why not just get a probe from treasure products like the vibra tech? Its PI..it is about the same price.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread