Garrett 9 x 12 coil

eric in ks

Oct 29, 2005
middle america
Everyone on the findmall.com garrett forum who has used one, has said a ton of good things about it. Very happy with depth. The 4.5" really gets praise, too. I probably won't ever take mine off my 250. HH, Eric

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 9 X 12 gets a little more depth and covers a larger footprint too. This is a help and hindrence. Helps because it lets the coil "see" more area. Bad because it can see more than one target at a time and might mask out the good one. It also "sees" more ground mineral matrix and might change the ground settings. Some areas can't handle a larger coil, but if you know it's limitations, go for it.....

TXKajun

Oct 12, 2005
Desert Southwest
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 750
TG, 6 words of advice about the larger coil: Get it! Use it! Love it!

I've been using one almost exclusively since November of last year. Only time I switch back to the small coil is if I'm searching under kiddie monkey bars, close to a metal fence or in a playground with tons of metal in the construction. It'll go as deep as you need it to go, believe me.

HH, ya'll!

Kajun

D

diggit 65

go to garrett.com and tell them what you are thinking about .
I have an older garrett gta 1000 ultra and I wanted to find out my options with the new coils and they sent me some very helpful info on the coils and they were very honest about the pros and cons on everything.

diggit 65 8)

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish one of you guys would take the time to write an evaluation of the 9X12 coil in the Garrett Owner's Evaluatioin thread. Monty

OP
OP
T

TG77

Greenie
Mar 22, 2006
Arkansas
That is a great idea Monty. I second that. I have heard a lot of good about this coil and I think it would be a nice addition to my Ace 250.

Thanks for all the info and responses. HH

TG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions