interesting, but no cigar

MonDak

Jan 5, 2006
My wifes brother in law went to his first year of school here in 1948. The school closed in 1949. Still a few old desks and books in the basement, but being by myself did'nt have what it takes to crawl down in there. Was disappointed after MDing for about 3 hrs, was totaly skunked and left

Attachments

• PDC_0022.JPG
    PDC_0022.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 514
Upvote 0

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Holy Cripes !! I would have been all over that ....the basements are the best places....under the stairwells ...kids lose all sorts of stuff that ended up in the basement..Go back ...go back now!!!!

Does someone live in that house behind there? Else I would be all over that place too! Get a friend and go back!!!!!

Dec 27, 2005
Bay Area Ca.
Detector(s) used
White's M6, SPECTRA V3I.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree with the others and had a thought, from the picture it looks like it is pretty dry, try detecting it again after a little rain. for some reason it really helps with the signals and most detectors seem to detect deeper after a rain when the ground is damp/ wet.....have a good one and HH

larrybass

Jan 12, 2006
Ottawa, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro-Amigo
Wow MonDak, what a kool 'ol spot! 8) Is it for sale or rent? Are the natives friendly? :) Where is it? State? County? Man, I could see myself settin' up squatters roots, right there. ;D Hope you do better, next time out, there HAS to be a coin or three there! ;)

HH

lb

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
There has to be coins there. What detector are you using? Coil? If it isn't too trashy go with a big DD coil (I would use the WOT) if it is junky go with a 8 or 5 go slow and branch out from th building.

HH

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats terrible nothing?Looks like a good spot.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There has GOT to be something within six feet on either side of those front steps! What detector are you using? Any nearby features that would draw kids? Old trees or shrubs to hide behind while smoking? Creeks to splash in? Play equipment?

I can see a motorcycle in the image. Should get a hit on that. :D

paul1410

Feb 6, 2007
Land of the Cheese Steak
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado, White's Spectrum XLT
Hi MonDak!
I just saw this thread. I was just about to ask you about this site when you posted your last reply. You pretty much answered my questions. Hope you get a chance to go back some day. Let us know.

p.s. Nice Vstar.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread