Garrett Ace 250 Finds the Old Silver

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys and gals. I decided to take my Ace 250 out with the stock coil today. Went to a fav site of mine. It has been raining here for 5 days. I had to brave the rain and head out today. Boy am I glad I did. I dug an awesome 1903 O Barber Dime at GET THIS about 7-8 inches...The Ace 250 locked on true. It was as deep as my lesche digger. I could not believe I found sweet silver...I also found 2 wheats a 1941 and a 1958D. It then started raining and I had to run like Heck to beat the rain. Anyway. Just wanted to show the nice Barber..Hope everyone has a great weekend. zaxfire69 :headbang:

IMG_1239.jpg

IMG_1240.jpg

Upvote 0

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wtg sweet finds , I was talking to a guy who puts a gallon zip lock bag over the head unit of his 250 so it dont get wet when it rains .

OP
OP
zaxfire69

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought about that. I sure could have used it today. I could have kept diggin. Thanks for the pointers. :thumbsup:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tank69 said:
wtg sweet finds , I was talking to a guy who puts a gallon zip lock bag over the head unit of his 250 so it dont get wet when it rains .

That sounds like a good idea, but I am not 100% with it. The only reason that if it's hoe outside I am sure that bag will sweat on the inside, so it may still get wet. I just shut mine off and head for a dry place. Glad you found some pretty deep silver there too Zax :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
zaxfire69

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would love to do that Waterproof mod on mine. It doesn't look hard. Yeah the Ace found this one. I was amazed. I cut the plug all the way to the hand protector on the digging tool. Flipped the plug back. Scanned with my propointer. Still didn't have it. I took the digger and stuck it in the hole and started around the side kinda mixing the dirt up as I dug. You know how yall dig inside the hole. I turned the dirt up and FLASH i saw it shine and I knew it was silver. It really was a deep one. Probably the deepest coin recovery with the machine.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the old silver.

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't beat that for a short hunt!

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread