Garrett Ace 250 Finds the Old Silver

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys and gals. I decided to take my Ace 250 out with the stock coil today. Went to a fav site of mine. It has been raining here for 5 days. I had to brave the rain and head out today. Boy am I glad I did. I dug an awesome 1903 O Barber Dime at GET THIS about 7-8 inches...The Ace 250 locked on true. It was as deep as my lesche digger. I could not believe I found sweet silver...I also found 2 wheats a 1941 and a 1958D. It then started raining and I had to run like Heck to beat the rain. Anyway. Just wanted to show the nice Barber..Hope everyone has a great weekend. zaxfire69 :headbang:

IMG_1239.jpg

IMG_1240.jpg

Upvote 0
wtg sweet finds , I was talking to a guy who puts a gallon zip lock bag over the head unit of his 250 so it dont get wet when it rains .

I thought about that. I sure could have used it today. I could have kept diggin. Thanks for the pointers. :thumbsup:

Tank69 said:
wtg sweet finds , I was talking to a guy who puts a gallon zip lock bag over the head unit of his 250 so it dont get wet when it rains .

That sounds like a good idea, but I am not 100% with it. The only reason that if it's hoe outside I am sure that bag will sweat on the inside, so it may still get wet. I just shut mine off and head for a dry place. Glad you found some pretty deep silver there too Zax :icon_thumleft:

I would love to do that Waterproof mod on mine. It doesn't look hard. Yeah the Ace found this one. I was amazed. I cut the plug all the way to the hand protector on the digging tool. Flipped the plug back. Scanned with my propointer. Still didn't have it. I took the digger and stuck it in the hole and started around the side kinda mixing the dirt up as I dug. You know how yall dig inside the hole. I turned the dirt up and FLASH i saw it shine and I knew it was silver. It really was a deep one. Probably the deepest coin recovery with the machine.

Congrats on the old silver.

Can't beat that for a short hunt!

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back