scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As I have seen many new members asking about a good starter detector, and many members on here commenting about there Ace 250, I have finally seen one up close and personal, I have to add my two cents. So I am detecting a guys yard when his neighbor comes over and introduces himself and watches me detect for awhile. He then says that he has a detector and invited me to come to his yard that he has hunted to death, he claimed. I went to his yard and started looking around with my V3i, he returns with the trusty 250 in hand. First impression was that it looked cheap, I mean toyish cheap. Then as I am looking he states that all he ever found was beer tabs. I found 10 coins in about 20 minutes, while he found nothing. He got so discouraged that he told me to keep on looking, but he knew he wasn't even in my class. He stayed and watched for a little longer then went back in the house. He even got me permission to hunt his mothers yard next door.

As far as what I could see, he couldn't make heads or tells out of the random bell tones that he was hearing. If I found a signal that I thought was a coin, I would call him over and let him scan it before I dug it. Only about 4 out of ten did he even get a response. Vice versa all of the signals he found, mine showed them as trash or were completely discrimed out as iron. That detector was annoying as hell to listen to. I wouldn't give $50 bucks for one of those much less $250. If you are over the age of 12 you will be doing yourself a disservice buying a 250. Mind you I am not bashing them just to be, I really respect Garrett as a brand, but don't fall for this trap. And if that's all that you can afford get a cheap Tesoro or Whites. Or better yet save your money another year and get a $500 plus machine. If I had started with one of these I can promise you that I would not be detecting today. You get what you pay for.

Ps- I love my Garrett Pro Pointer! Not brand bashing.\
Pss- I found 3 quarters, 3 dimes, 5 wheat, and 9 copper/zincs. Have not got to the backyard yet.

Upvote 0

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Another time, I was up at Thomson park with my azz2fizzle. Yet another old feeble guy with a brand spanking new whites veethreeeyee came up to me and introduced himself. I showed him my rusty crowns and zincolns and he walked away all pissed off.

OP
OP
scotty544

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
gleaner from tha hood with tha 2 fizzle gonna regulate...ebonics for tha win. I say Nay, the eye wins tha day. Save up all them tabs, price is up for scrap Nephew

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
I wont stop. Azz2fizzle is a better machine, you cant prove it otherwise. So stop trying. I got a million more stories that prove it. Like the time I was at ninth ward playground with my beloved FreedomII, A guy comes up with an Etrac (I giggled to myself). He showed me a couple new pennyieees and foil. I showed him my pouch full of wheats with a couple tokens, a few matchbox cars and two murky dimes. Instantly we both new the Etrac was a royal crapper like the 3Iv.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Somebody is seriously thinking about changing their avatar at this instant in time.
bigazzbaby.jpeg

OP
OP
scotty544

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
gresner turn that frown upside down brotha :) drop that trash scooper and get with tha heros. Sweet Home for tha win my friend. West side Black and white, no green and yella for this fella. You may have to consult snoop diggity for tha transaltion since your hood is wack.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Back a couple years ago I was swinging my cz (among other things). I little girly about twelve years old approached me from across the park lawn. She had a Radio Shack. She found a lot of penniez and other yummy goodies that I could not even touch. Well I sharted my drawers and my cz and got a two fiddy and aint looked back. So there, that proves ace 250 good stuff and things. And stuff. Whatever. I got more.

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garrett users need to relax so people dont like the ace series how can you blame them....they false like crazy and love bottle caps and every other random trash in the ground ....i myself think its a great idea for the new guys to get an ace 150-350 acouple months with it and there most likely going to give the hobby up and even if they dont they clear tons and tons of bottle caps from the area and walk over anything deeper then 6 inches its a win win

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Of course the low end machines are not as good as a big expensive crapper. Any dumbazz understands that. But trying to say a two fizzle is crap compared to a real dud like the 3eyevizzle is pure mental masturbation.

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone else who can't use a machine.
Really dude??...i dont know really??....well heres my best day with an ace 350...a machine i dont know how to use according to you ...http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/general-discussion/293987-honey-hole.html ...before you call someone out or make accusations you should at least know what your talking about as i stated before the ace series are crap that doesnt meen they dont work at all but i filled a gallon buck with random garbage and bottle caps to find what i did and i learned to hate the machine once i knew what it was all about....great if you like yours more power to you just dont call me out when you dont know what im capable of doing

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@op, just my opinion, but Whites V3eye is an overly complex wallet lightener, nobody really uses it, not the serious relic guys that's for sure. A cheap F70 will spank it. I tried an m6 and liked it, it could find coins good but I never met a serious tecter dude that uses whites and I think v3i is White's desperate misguided attempt to impress the unwitting with a HELL of a lot of bells and whistles. Hooray! :occasion18:. Nothing new but some colorful screens and dozens more adjustment options and wireless phones, none of which add to the ability to tect crap. You gotta be a compulsive/obsessive disorder computer freak just to read the manual. You can set a Whites to wake you up from your delusional metal detecting fantasy after one hour of depressing non-eventful detecting. But that's okay, just because I wouldn't waste money on a whites does not mean it couldn't conceivably find coins in yo' momma-in-law's back yard. I can afford any metal detector I want and I don't choose Whites VIIIeye. But I dont choose ace 2 fizzle either. So what up holme? Does that mean that the machines are crap? Yep.

Ya not sure about that dude I use a v3i dont have a college degree I use it just Fine & like it & relic hunting is mostly What I do, I understand ok ur upset people do ny like the ace ok there are people who dont like everything but to call out all WHO use a v3i & etrac dont know What we r doin is a little harsh I didnt say nothing me i could care less What anyone uses as Long as ur out there in feild liking What ur doing pulling things out of the ground period.detector bashing should just stop its bs if u dont like a detector Fine a quick reply no it didnt work for me, done. When we should b trying to just have fun we r all on our phones , on computers bit$hing to each other are we adults now or back on the playground

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm sure some of you like Pampers better than Huggies, :laughing7:just pull up your Big Boy Pants, and go MDing, no matter what your swinging:BangHead: I hate carrotts, why would anybody waste their money on such a useless piece of crap vegetable like that?

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of course the low end machines are not as good as a big expensive crapper. Any dumbazz understands that. But trying to say a two fizzle is crap compared to a real dud like the 3eyevizzle is pure mental masturbation.

Like I said b4 I started with the ace ans still have it. I hate the thing, garrett coulda done a lot better with designing it. I wouldn't recommend this machine to anyone. Yes I have a minelab safari and I love it. I have pulled so much silver its unbelievable. The statement that you get what u pay for it definitely true. Save ur money on the ace and buy a better starter unit.

Jeremy S

Feb 27, 2012
God's Country
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You guys sure get defensive about your brands! I hear this argument all of the time around here... some guys think Chevy makes the superior trucks...others think Ford. They argue like a broken record, over and over and over again. All pointless arguing aside, they both have their pros and cons. Same as with detectors. No $250 detector is going to be perfect. The Ace 250 is a detector for a beginner. If someone buys one and takes the time to learn it, chances are they will gain and interest in the hobby and upgrade to something better like an AT Pro, E-Track, V3i, etc.

I started out with an Ace 250. Learned how to use it quite well. I found jewelry, lots of cool relics, and silver coins. After 7 months I upgraded and haven't looked back. Sure, the 250 feels like a toy now after using and learning much a more advanced machine. When I can justify the expense, I would like to upgrade again someday, but for now I'm pretty content using my AT Pro.

Once you learn, you upgrade to something better and more capable as you gain experience and your skills progress. If you can master a entry level detector that has limited capability, you'll have no problem picking up a much better machine and mastering it later on.

2011-08-12-Man-Rules-50.gif

mustangpalmer1911

Apr 12, 2011
Hop Bottom, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
I was out detecting the other day with my OKM eXp 5000 guy came walking up to me with his Ace 250. We detected for a while together and he 1/10th of the finds I had. The Ace 250 SUCKS!

marh415

Apr 30, 2013
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ACE 350, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I still can't believe people are still comparing $1000 plus machines to something you can buy off of a supporting vendor for $212! :laughing9:

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Last edited:

goldkey

May 21, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Macro Anfibio Multi / Nokta Fors Core /Ace 250 - w/ 9"x12" Coil /
Whites TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cooper....ifn' you don't eat your carrotts....you'll go blind!!!!
Or is it...Stop that.....you'll go blind....:dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread