GARRETT ACE 250 ...why this one?

fireman4youu

Oct 11, 2006
Millbrook, AL
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone using this garrett tell me, how they feel about it. Im getting ready to get another detector and I just wanna make sure I get a solid one. I went from walmarts bounty hunter, too a smaller garrett and now wanting one that will do it all, and be a solid machine over the years.. thanks
If you recommend something different feel free to share, price 200--400$ thanks again, Love this place...Zach

Attachments

• a9_1.jpg
    a9_1.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 395
  • a9_1.jpg
    a9_1.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 391
  • a9_1.jpg
    a9_1.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 395
S

sendin

I am new so wait for more advice, but I can tell you that I have read a lot good comments about the ACE 250. I am a White's fan and found a slightly used XLT that I bought locally for a bit less than what they usually go for so I am pretty happy about that. I am using it in some difficult environments and it has been a pleasure so far. If you are willing to wait and shop and you don't mind buying used you could probably get a better machine, but if you want new and to stay in your budget it seems that the ACE 250 would be the way to go.

If you got the ACE 250 it sounds like you might have some $ to spare for a pin-pointer, a good digging tool and maybe some good head phones.

I've also learned that even with a good machine it is the operator that makes all the difference. You have to be willing to go through some time learning and experimenting. The good finds don't necessarily fall into your lap just because you have a really good metal detector.

Best of luck to you.

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For entry level detector, the ACE 205 just can't be beat, $400.00 worth of two hundred bucks, throw in a Lesche digger and decent pinpointer and you'll have all you need.

mgdigger

Jan 31, 2004
Los Osos, CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 and ACE 250
If you want coins then the 250 is the one. I got one as a back up and find I use it more than my 800 dollar machine

W

wo2e

if you bought one allready disregard but for anyone else still looking for a great first detector look at the fisher 1236x2 about 310 bucks. it goes deep a dime at about 8 inches solid hit. trashy area no problem thats my specialty because some detectors go crazy. on the fisher just turn on the silencer mode. adjust it and away snap crackle and pop. but i heard the Garrett 250 is also a great MD for the buck,

digdug_rita

Sep 28, 2006
I am like mgdigger...I have a $600.00 Garrett that I bought a few years back that is a great machine. I have two grandkids that love to go digging with me so I just bought the Ace 250 for them to use. BUT.....I am loving the 250 more, so I let them use the 500!! The 250 is a very nice machine for the money. I paid $230.00 for it, but could have probably found it a little cheaper if I had shopped around.

gregd573

Oct 23, 2005
eldridge, missouri
Just my opinion.......as I have a Ace 250 and a Minelad Explorer II and I think that for the money the ace can't be beat, for ease of use and the the low monthly installments.....lol. I only use them one at a time and have never tried to test one to the other, but I have found coins (both old and new), rings, pull tabs.......ya know the list, with both machines. As a entry level machine it is well worth while......HH all, gregd573

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does not have a manual ground balance feature, so if you hunt seashore you will need it. That is the only flaw I have uncovered except perhaps the lack of a volume control. Will blow your ears off unless you go with a stereo headphone with a volume control. I am a Garrett ACE 250 fanatic, but just to be fair , it does lack some things. Monty

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monty said:
Does not have a manual ground balance feature, so if you hunt seashore you will need it. That is the only flaw I have uncovered except perhaps the lack of a volume control. Will blow your ears off unless you go with a stereo headphone with a volume control. I am a Garrett ACE 250 fanatic, but just to be fair , it does lack some things. Monty
oh do tell sir monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread