Massieville Mike

Mar 7, 2014
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Garrett AT Gold, Teknetics ETP, Fisher CZ6a, Teknetics T2se
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just purchased an AT gold on eBay and praying for safe delivery of a working machine, excited to try it out shallow water hunting! Question: Is the AT Gold, with it's higher frequency (a bit higher than an AT Pro or my Teknetics gamma), more sensitive to smaller gold alone, or more sensitive to gold in general regardless of size? Thanks in advance for your thoughts on this! Happy Huntin' !!!

OP
OP
Massieville Mike

Massieville Mike

Mar 7, 2014
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
60 views and not one reply, really? Dumb question, or what? I'm still fairly new to tnet so please forgive my ignorance if I posted this question in the wrong forum. I didn't think it was inappropriate for this forum, but hey like I said, I'm still pretty new to this. :)

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
60 views and not one reply, really? Dumb question, or what? I'm still fairly new to tnet so please forgive my ignorance if I posted this question in the wrong forum. I didn't think it was inappropriate for this forum, but hey like I said, I'm still pretty new to this. :)
I find jewelry including gold on higher frequencies with my deus

OP
OP
Massieville Mike

Massieville Mike

Mar 7, 2014
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Joe, thanks for your post!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have the AT GOLD and have found gold with it several times but am a relatively new owner of it and still learning myself but I do love it.

thumper

Nov 25, 2005
clifton forge virginia
Detector(s) used
radioshack discovery 2000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is up with the comment about the no. Of views your post has had? Do you just want anybody to give you an answer? Hell i can give you a made up answer if you wish. I dont own the at gold, but figured id read your post. Most of us are here to. Learn and share. I read post everyday, i respond to some,most i dont.

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The answer to your question is Yes. :thumbsup: A higher frequency machine will not only be sensitive to smaller gold but EVERYTHING else too.. :BangHead: Tin cans, can slaw, foil, pulltabs, sliver and gold all will hit easier. :headbang: Sometimes you have to wait day's or even weeks for a knowledgeable answer. :dontknow:

Keep @ It and HH !! :hello2:

OP
OP
Massieville Mike

Massieville Mike

Mar 7, 2014
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What is up with the comment about the no. Of views your post has had? Do you just want anybody to give you an answer? Hell i can give you a made up answer if you wish. I dont own the at gold, but figured id read your post. Most of us are here to. Learn and share. I read post everyday, i respond to some,most i dont.

Hello Thumper! I apologize if my comment/s offended you in any way. I was in no way asking for random posts or "made up answers". Like I already stated, I'm fairly new at this. I was just thinking (maybe should have kept my thoughts to myself) that number of views would have/should have generated at least one comment. Obviously I was wrong. Overly eager to read responses on the question I posted. Again sorry if this newbie got your goat in any way, and thank you for your comment! Sincerely, Mike :]

OP
OP
Massieville Mike

Massieville Mike

Mar 7, 2014
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks to all for your replies!

thumper

Nov 25, 2005
clifton forge virginia
Detector(s) used
radioshack discovery 2000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for that reply..just took it wrong i guess..i have also posted a find and only had a couple of replies..i understand..you can get 50 views and only 1 comment sometimes..just didnt think before i posted...welcome to treasurenet...lot of good ppl here..you will get some answers to your questions..

OP
OP
Massieville Mike

Massieville Mike

Mar 7, 2014
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry for that reply..just took it wrong i guess..i have also posted a find and only had a couple of replies..i understand..you can get 50 views and only 1 comment sometimes..just didnt think before i posted...welcome to treasurenet...lot of good ppl here..you will get some answers to your questions..

Thanks Thumper!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread