Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey guys, I'm thinking about getting an AT Pro and I was just wondering how deep the deepest coins were that you found with it. Some people day they have gotten them past 10in while others complain that they can't pick them up past 6in, so I was curious as to your experiences with the detector. Thank you in advance! C4C
I've hit coins at 7-8 inches a lot! It really depends on the soil your working with,and how high the mineral content is in it! I've never felt like I was undergunned using it!:thumbsup: Another tip is to ground balance the machine,then lower the GB by about 5 numbers. This will give you a little more depth,by making the machine run a little "hotter"!:thumbsup:

Last edited:

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Depth is going to depend on soil conditions more than anything. I've dug some several coppers at 9" (the whole length of my pro pointer) in pretty mildly mineralized soft soils. Also dug a silver dime @ 8" in a little more difficult soil conditions.

Like rks, I never feel outgunned using it. In fact, even when I had my Spectra V series and my MXT Pro I preferred my AT Pro and I had WAY more time with my Whites. rks's tip on GB is right on the money too. Do your GB then lower it AT LEAST 5 points. ( I usually do 10)

It's a great machine! Period!

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can honestly tell you I dug a silver quarter at 10", the soil was clay, and it was dry. And that quarter was sitting next to a brass dog license too. I can't tell you how many I have dug at six inches or better. Here in NE PA a lot of the home sites are filled with coal ashes, now those sites you would be hard pressed to find anything at a deep depth as those coal ashes drive a metal detector nuts.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you guys for all of the input!

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

treadhead

Jul 8, 2013
Salem, OR
Detector(s) used
Ace 150, AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Vibra-Probe 580 and 730.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey OP, I'm VERY new to MD'ng AND the ATP but....I've pulled a metric TON of clad (And junk) with mine at 6+ inches. I'm sure that the machine
goes deeper and that I'm (In My inexperience) just not catching those signals yet.

I got off of work this morning though and spent 3 "glorious" hours water hunting with Mine (It was 90 degrees in these parts) and had a blast with
it. Right now I'm running it in PRO mode, one down from max sen's on ZERO with Disc' set to 20. I'm trying to teach Myself the different tones
that it gives out for "Whatever" it hits. I'm having fun with it 8-)

I've seen vids where guys and gals are finding stuff at 8 inches plus (And a bunch where people claim that it can't find anything over 6 inches) so...eh,
take it all with a grain of salt I guess. I'm really enjoying mine.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How mineralized the soil is will make a difference in depth...so it may hit coins at different depths at different places.

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember to adjust sensitivity to get it to go deeper too. I'm just sayin'! I dug a RFD Lock yesterday at about 8 inches easy, brass about 1 1/2" x 1 1/4" in dry clay soil, it was sitting with some junk and the small coil nailed it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread